Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Complete failure of AP

I cannt seem to get the 777 to work :( Every flight I do it does this. I climb happily then after a while cruising this happens.

9707407519_9865787eb8_c.jpg
777crash by GodAtum, on Flickr

Just off the top of my head... are you using an external weather app?  Major (and sudden) wind shifts at altitude can frequently cause this to happen.  Just a thought.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes I am using As2012. i disabled turbulance in FSX. The 777 was working perfectly on my other PC. All AS2012 settings are the same.

Perhaps a sepearte issue but my cabin alt is crazy!

After closing As2012 it seems to have solved it. Anyone actually got As2012 working with this plane?

Yes, did 3 flights with AS2012, including a 7 hour flight and a 13 hour flight.

Marc ter Heide

I've been usung AS2012 and all is fine, 6 long haul flights done so far.  FSX disabled turbulance, FSUIPC winds setting to smoothed and the recommended AS2012 setting for PMDG aircraft as listed in the AS2012 manual.

Thats the settings I have. Do i need to disable change weather over time in FSX as well?

I'm using AS2012 too. No problems yet. I disabled turbulence in FSX and that's it.. 

Still having AP trouble even after disabloing all weather and FSUIPC. As you an see its not following the LNAV at all.

Just to cover one possible issue, are you by any chance reloading the same aircraft on top of itself?

Another possible issue: are any failures showing in the CDU failures section? You can also press the recall button and see if any messages show up on the EICAS.

A third possible issue: what other addons do you have connected?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Still having AP trouble even after disabloing all weather and FSUIPC. As you an see its not following the LNAV at all.

It looks like you're saying you've disabled all weather AND FSUIPC.  You need FSUIPC, maybe you ment 'in' FSUIPC.  There is a option in FSUIPC that helps control weather on more complex aircraft like PMDG.

No I'm not realoading the plane.

There are no failures.

Only VoxATCX.

There is only FSX default clear skys. In FSUIPC I have tried both unchecking "smooth winds" and checking.

Are you starting the flight from Cold and Dark? Quite a few issues seem to be associated with that startup situation, although the only thing I've experienced is the caution light on for no reason.

Another question: does this happen with only a certain flight plan, or with flight plans created by a specific program?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2