Sign in to follow this  
kevinh

Middle mouse use conflict with EZCA

It's very frustrating that the 777 uses the middle mouse click to operate landing lights, runway turnoff lights and A/T arm switches ganged together. EZCA already uses the middle mouse as a view control input, it's much more accurate to use that to steer the view than the hat switch. In EZCA this replaces the default spacebar+mouse input. Is there any way PMDG could make "ganged together switches" a user option so the middle mouse click can be used for EZCA?

Perhaps right click could be the ganged switch control and left click the individual switch control. IIRC all are these switches are two position so don't need up/down inputs.

I realise you can disable EZCA middle mouse control but then you have to rely on the hat switch which is very inaccurate.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi, I use the middle mouse scroll wheel in EZCA with all my aircraft.

When pushed in and hold I can pan arround in the VC moving the mouse.

When released I can use it to control the turning of the knobs.

I loose the zoom function though when scrolling with middle mouse button/scrollwheel because I leave the Z box unchecked in the config box.

If you select the Z on you can still use the middle mouse button to change knobs, but you get zoom function also, not the best way to use it in my opinion.

You can assign the 12 and 6 a clock position on the hatswitch as zoom function if you want

Ivo

Hi, I use the middle mouse scroll wheel in EZCA with all my aircraft.

When pushed in and hold I can pan arround in the VC moving the mouse.

When released I can use it to control the turning of the knobs.

I loose the zoom function though when scrolling with middle mouse button/scrollwheel because I leave the Z box unchecked in the config box.

If you select the Z on you can still use the middle mouse button to change knobs, but you get zoom function also, not the best way to use it in my opinion.

You can assign the 12 and 6 a clock position on the hatswitch as zoom function if you want

Ivo

All true, but can you use the middle button to operate all landing light switches together, both runway turnoffs together or both A/T arm switches together?  No, you can't. Not unless you disable it's use in EZCA.  Using spacebar+mouse to point is no good either as EZCA overrides it.

I've just checked this in the 777 and left and right mouse clicks do exactly the same thing on these switches.  Both act to move the individual switches up and down.  A user option to allow right click to be the "ganged" operation on these particular switches would make a lot of sense.  Another possibility might be a hidden switch clickspot which is the ganged position.  Rather as Majestic did with the engine controls in the Q400.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hi Kevinh

You are right, I can not click the lights together with the middle mouse button when not deactivated.

I have the Dash 8 Q 400 also and there I can left click and drag to move a single lever or right click and drag to move them both.

In the pmdg 737 ngx there is a bar above the lights so pilots can move them all together to the on position with one click, I asume this is also in the real one.

Pmdg then made it possible to move them all to the off possition with a right mouse click on this bar, this is not possible in the real aircraft I believe, or am I mistaken here?

For me personaly there is no need to simulate 3 fingers by means of a mouse click to put the lights on or off. But others might think different, I respect that.

I love to hear the click 3 times

I also think that the designers of this master piece can not take in to acount how other software developers asign there keys and buttons.

If they add a clickspot for it , even better, if not , 3, clicks :O))

Ivo

Just press CTRL + L on the keyboard, its easier than messing about with a mouse.

You can use keyboard shortcuts to do this, but I prefer to use the VC controls for lights and the A/T.  As PMDG have provided a means to operate these switches ganged together it's a shame this won't work if you use EZCA.

EZCA is quite widely used, even more so now there is no 2D panel, so I'm surprised this conflict wasn't taken account of.

ki9cAAb.jpg