Sign in to follow this  
pride545

2 small problems

First, the ticket system is not working!

#1. I saved a panel state that I wanted. The next time I loaded the aircraft and did all the preflight, disconnected the ground power units and did a pushback. Lo and behold, there was a power unit stillattached to the aircraft. (see screenshot 1). I checked to make sure i had remover ground power and I had. See screenshot 2. I went and deleted all of my saved startups and tried it again and the power unit was gone. I think the problem has something to do with saved startups.

#2 With the 777 , I am getting black aquares in the contrails and the smoke is black, if I get contrails at all. See screenshot 3 & 4. You will also see the power unit following along with me!

Avsim has been messed up for days. You should have seen that! That is why some folks had 4 or 5 posts!

Avsim has been messed up for days. You should have seen that! That is why some folks had 4 or 5 posts!

While, yes, it doesn't have the protections set up that it once had, or something's going on in the background, the issue is more with the user:

If the post gives an error, check to make sure it didn't post before posting again.  Additionally, clicking the button multiple times doesn't fix the issue.

I've posted at least 5 different threads since this "issue" has been around and you'll note there are only single posts by me.  Why?  I didn't hit the button 5 times, and I checked to make sure the post was actually there after I saw the error.

No ideas anyone?

Yep!

Intro manual!

You've loaded the aircraft on top of itself.  This occurs when you either:

-Load the 777 as the default aircraft; or

-Load the 777 in one livery, and then load the same 777 version (LR and another LR, or F and another F) in a different livery

Kyle Rodgers

While, yes, it doesn't have the protections set up that it once had, or something's going on in the background, the issue is more with the user:

If the post gives an error, check to make sure it didn't post before posting again.  Additionally, clicking the button multiple times doesn't fix the issue.

I've posted at least 5 different threads since this "issue" has been around and you'll note there are only single posts by me.  Why?  I didn't hit the button 5 times, and I checked to make sure the post was actually there after I saw the error.

Yep!

Intro manual!

You've loaded the aircraft on top of itself.  This occurs when you either:

-Load the 777 as the default aircraft; or

-Load the 777 in one livery, and then load the same 777 version (LR and another LR, or F and another F) in a different livery

Well, you are asuming Kyle. I did NOT load the aircraft on topf itself. Sorry if I left that part out.

I started the sim and loaded a fresh livery and got this problem with a saved panel state. I deleted the panel state that i has created and reloaded the aircraft and the problem was gone.

I think it has something to do with saved panel states.

Ryan,

It took me at least 15 times before the system would accept my ticket. Maybe the load is heavy right now. It finally accepted the ticket. My apologies!

Well, you are asuming Kyle. I did NOT load the aircraft on topf itself. Sorry if I left that part out.

Sorry for assuming, but so far that's the only time that this happens.

Kyle Rodgers

It did with a saved panel state of mine!

Without having done either of the things I mentioned above?

So, you're telling me that this happened when you absolutely did not load the 777 as the default aircraft, and not in one livery and then another?

Kyle Rodgers

Without having done either of the things I mentioned above?

So, you're telling me that this happened when you absolutely did not load the 777 as the default aircraft, and not in one livery and then another?

Kyle,

I started the sim and went to the a/c selection page. the ultralight was showing and i selected the 777 unpainted, selected the airport and started the sim. This was with a panel state named Moe 2 ( I had moe 1, moe 2 saved). I did the preflight, removed the ground power after starting the engines. Did a pushback using PMDG's and went to external view to check where I was on the taxiway. I noticed that the ground power unit was still connected and the chocks were installed.

I went back to the cockpit and checked to make sure that I had removed the chocks and power unit and I had. I made the flight anyway with the power unit coming along.

Then I went and deleted all of my panel states that I had in the panel state folder and did the same exact thing and got no power unit or chocks. I had restarted the sim after deleting the panel states.

I really believe that this power unit problem has to do with panel states.

I hope I did not upset you or anyone i this thread as sometime I come off as a grumpy old man!! (70 years old) :rolleyes:

Just try the following:

Start with the default FSX Cessna 172 and save it as a standard flight.
Start FSX new.
After the restart, go to your airport or load your route.
After this / these is loaded select your PMDG 777

That it should have been,
Have a good flight.

I hope I did not upset you or anyone i this thread as sometime I come off as a grumpy old man!! (70 years old)

haha - I'm not upset.  That post was just my typical posting demeanor, and I added my old help desk heavy dose of skepticism on that.  Sorry, but I've never seen what you showed except in the case I mentioned earlier, so that's really all I had to go on and was making absolutely sure you weren't doing one of the earlier-mentioned things.

Too many years of:

"MY COMPUTER IS NOT WORKING!!!"

Occasionally the cleaning services turn the monitors off.  Have you ensured that the monitor is on?

"You'd think I would know when my monitor wasn't working!!!  How stupid do you think I am???"

You'd be surprised how often that's the case.  Can you please confirm that the monitor is on?

"IT'S ON!!!"

[long drawn out telephone conversation where the issue is not resolved - they ask for physical presence for support - I take the 10 min walk to the other building to troubleshoot]

*click*

"How did you get it to work???"

The monitor was off...have a nice day!  :rolleyes:

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

Today, I was troubleshooting the contrail problem and got a big surprize.

I started the aircraft in the normal engines running state and took off and went to 23,000 feet to see if I could correct the problem. I saved the flight as "Test Flight" and made some adjustments to my nvidia insp. I had shut down fsx and restarted it as usual selecting the 777 after the ultrlight came up and loaded my test flight.

Lo and behold, there was the power unit beside the aircraft!!

I sware that the power unit  was not there before I saved the flight.

I have attached a screeny of the saved flight. If you have any ideas about the black contrils or the squares, I wouyld appreciate any input you could give me.

Moe Works