Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

FS Captain: your opinions please

This product looks interesting as it seems to give purpose and motivation to adhere to real world procedures and schedules etc.

Opinions please from anyone who has it?

Cheers.

spacer.png

Oh come on, folks, NOBODY is using this product...?

spacer.png

Exactly that: Helping with

- adhering to time schedules

- negotiating with operations/dispatch

- realtime and ex post evaluation of flights

- scheduling and assigning of flights

It basically fills the remaining gap after FS2Crew is installed into a high-end airliner ...

It's pretty cool. I'd recommend it. Great support and ongoing developments.

Oh come on, folks, NOBODY is using this product...?

I think people are a little preoccupied with the 777 and getting it sorted out. I tried the demo of fscaptain and I did enjoy it and will probably pick it up in the future. I feel like it helped me improve my skills with the 737ngx in terms of following procedures and it had me flying to airports I never had gone to before. The sound effects are good and assuming it works with pmdg 777 I may use it for those crew sounds, while we wait for fs2crew for the 777. Also, it gave me a sense of purpose in my flying since I do not fly online. Someday I hope to do so!

You can try it yourself, there is a demo.

I didn't care for it. Not into airliners much so user interface really turned me off.

I prefer the old FSPassengers together with Air Hauler; which FSP has a demo also btw.

You can try it yourself, there is a demo.

I didn't care for it. Not into airliners much so user interface really turned me off.

I prefer the old FSPassengers together with Air Hauler; which FSP has a demo also btw.

Yes, just try to free demo it gives you like three airports to fly from but other than that its fully functional. I tried fspassengers but I did not like it as much. I have not tried air hauler. I'm on the other end of the spectrum in that I really like airliners and passenger flights. 

It has some minor flaws (not saving configs!) and requires a lot of manually fiddling around with aircraft configs, loadmaps, overrides and airline configs. However, once it is configured it works well and is a positive addition to flightsimming.

Cheers

I have this product and like the concept. I would defenitly wait to purchase when version 1.5 comes out. The developer seems to go quiet for a long time. Just like many others... He finally released version 1.45 after 3 or so months without hearing from him. Hopefully next update will fix various issues and can work outside of the sim.

Kacper Nowotynski

To be fair.. the devs did state they were having health issues.... so it is not ' Just like many others ' ...

Give credit where credit is due...

I don't fly without Fs Captain, When ever you need help they will always available to help you. :smile:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I have used this product for a long time on numerous PMDG offerings and found it to work great and added a great deal of immersion for commercial flight. However, I can t get it to work with thenT7. It does not recognize the passenger door opening and thus does not permit boarding , ergo, it does NOT work until someone shows me a solution or it is fixed by the developer.

Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Fs Captain is  working on 777. I am sure in soon it will be available

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Thanks guys, I have FSPassengers but find it lacking and it is no longe runder development, really has been stagnent since release.  FSP looks to be interest for its immersive value.  I need a PURPOSE to fly my 777.

spacer.png

Sorry to hijack the tread talking about another addon but what I'm looking forward to is SimAir from the guys that do REX.    The anticipation is killing me!!.  lol  I can't wait for some news about when it is closer to release.