Sign in to follow this  
FlexA330

So have you tried the other T7?

I think the last update of the XP Jets blog reads 2012. And no, I have not tested the XP777 yet.

Just kidding, I don't own any of them. But if, the PMDG would be my choice.

My next plane will be a commuter prop, the Saab 340.

I think the last update of the XP Jets blog reads 2012. And no, I have not tested the XP777 yet.

Just kidding, I don't own any of them. But if, the PMDG would be my choice.

I want that Saab so badly, I think tomorrow is release day. 

Yes, I have had my hands full with the XP 777 for a while now and love it, also I haven't yet wanted to pay 90 dollars for another T7. I enjoy the xplane one and see no reason to migrate. If you have a plane you enjoy my advice is to stick with it.

777_v10_6_zpsc4ceddc0.png

That makes two of us!

This waiting is killing me  :crazy:

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

"So have you tried the other T7?"

:wink: What do you mean by "other" T7 ? You made your post in the X-Plane forum, so I assume you're talking about the PMDG "777X" for FSX. Then my answer is no.

The XP Jets 777-200ER: they have a very interesting project for X-Plane. All I saw and heard in their videos, screen shots and interviews looks and sounds awesome. But I think it will be a very long wait before a release.

And there's another 777, already available, already more advanced than other heavies I had, including the Level-D 767-300ER, the PMDG 747-400 or the PMDG MD-11. It's the... well I don't know how to call it. I often call it "R&P" or "Ramzzess & Philipp". But there's a whole team behind. How do you call it ? "Boeing 777 Worldliner Professional" ? "FlightFactor" ? "VMAX" ?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419769-777-luxembourg-ellx-to-keflavik-bikf/

Just please, don't call it "XP 777". This is the name for the default 777 in X-Plane with the British Airways Hong Kong livery. :smile:

I'm guessing too that the "other T7" is pmdg, sorry for the comparison but the "other T7" is for me years ahead of the best XP10 T7 variant available now. But in the end I love both.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Alexander Colka

I'm guessing too that the "other T7" is pmdg, sorry for the comparison but the "other T7" is for me years ahead of the best XP10 T7 variant available now. But in the end I love both.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Now I have the PMDG I have to concur (yes I finally caved in after my blurry weekend encounter at FL380 in XP). The FF T7 is a good effort but still has issues; for example the FMS which can be buggy (wish I hadn't bought so many of those darn liveries). PMDGs is so polished, just wonderful.

Have them both (R&P 777 for XPX and PMDG777). The PMDG version is way better, no doubt. However I like the XPX-version. If you are using both FSX and XPX the PMDG-version is a no-brainer. But if you are just using XPX then the R&P 777 is among the best tubeliners out there for XPX. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I want that Saab so badly, I think tomorrow is release day.

same here.

Just please, don't call it "XP 777". This is the name for the default 777 in X-Plane with the British Airways Hong Kong livery.

I did not even know there is a default 777!  my copy of XP10 global has the 744, the KC10 and a third something ;)

Yes I have both.  The PMDG 777 is wonderful but it will be my last complex plane that I bought for FSX.  As I explained in my other post, the stutters in FSX drive me nuts, it totally ruin the flight experience.

As for the LES SAAB340B, I initially was not interested but the more I look the more I like.  I bought the Majestic Q400 in FSX but the got bore with it partly because it does not respond to weather in FSX very well since the developer completely moved the implementation outside of FSX.  I hope the LES 340B will be a true turbo prop regional.  if jcomm is salivating then it must be very good. LOL

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I did not even know there is a default 777!  my copy of XP10 global has the 744, the KC10 and a third something ;)

Look inside your "Extra Aircraft" folder. :wink:

Panel (2D only): http://developer.x-plane.com/2010/07/let-your-eyes-adjust/

Screen shot here: http://wiki.x-plane.com/777_beginners_tutorial

Ok,

all I can say right now is:

In the FF WL 777, the FBW is modelled in such a way that it doesn't come to play no matter you have it ON ( NORMAL LAW) or OFF ( DIRECT LAW)... The switches are there, and the documents talk about it... but that's all....

In the PMDG 777, the FBW is modelled in such a way that it is always active, the wrong way ( a lot more à lá Airbus than how it really is implemented in the B777 ), and even if you turn all of the systems off, it is still active !!!!

So....

Hardy Puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze, hurry up with that airliner of your's...

BTW: For those who are forced to use X-plane 10 because of the OS, PSX will be a Java-based app, so it'll be cross-platform!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...