Sign in to follow this  
FlexA330

So have you tried the other T7?

In the FF WL 777, the FBW is modelled in such a way that it doesn't come to play no matter you have it ON ( NORMAL LAW) or OFF ( DIRECT LAW)... The switches are there, and the documents talk about it... but that's all....

So jcomm,  what exactly is the FF 777 flight model?  I am perplexed about the PMDG implementation.  I thought that they are fanatic about fidelity but I suppose it's not possible to turn on and off.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

FF 777 - Flight Factor WL 777, sorry :-/

Don't get mw wrong, because PMDG's 777 is still an excellent product, but the way they modelled the "Boeing FBW" used on aircraft like the 777 is buggy and requires a patch.

They can either just support the NORMAL LAW mode and forget about the other, but make it work as described in the Boeing documentation, and that's perfectly acceptable, but just at it is now isomething is wrong!

In the model we presently have for X-Plane 10, there is not an hint of the system even being modelled :-/  The "switches" on the overhead panel are there and can be used ( TAC and the FBW system), but there is no effect in flying the airplane... The FMC has many bugs and also limitations compared to the exhaustive modeling done in the PMDG, the panel readability / functionality leaves a lot to be desired too. Very few aircraft have popup panels, and this may seem irrealistic, but for someone just like me who is really having problems with close vision and has no fancy thingy on my head to be able to "move 3d" around the cockpit, having them is really a must :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...