Sign in to follow this  
amalishkin

Question About VNAV Behaviour

Ryan thanks for checking,

more info on this, so here is whats going that i can replicate with no issues, the flight was PANC to KLAX planned flight level 350 and step to 390,  during the flight I stepped to 390, approached TOD, sim paused, i changed my MCP to new descent altitude and let it go, plane reached TOD, continued like nothing was programmed however, 15 miles out from TOD it started descent however the descent profile was off by 5000 feet, i continued the flight until LAX approach plate for 24L however i was 3000 feet over the approach level, so had to hold to lower to right altitude.  so not sure whats going on, but will try more tests.  i am pouring the over the tutorial right now to make sure i didnt miss but basics are same as NGX and had never had this with NGX, almost to me felt like TOD initiation phase begins at wrong point, like it shows right TOD for stepped up altitute, however it still calculated distance based on initial flight level or something.

ill keep you guys posted, but overall awesome bird.

thanks

Andrei.

What happens if you first unpause, set a lower altitude and then press the altitude selector (its called altitude intervention and is available from 50nm before T/D)?

The plane should start a shallow descend and intercpt the Vnav Path that is visible on the ND.

Rob Robson

Though i would reply to all and let you know with this, but i no longer have this issue after redoing my flight plan, so not sure if ther was some sort of bug in my plan, but now it works perfect.  I also now import wind data via WX file so maybe that had to do something with descent but bird flies perfect.

thanks all for help.

Andrei.

Hello,

I was not sure where to post this. I have read of many issues with the 777 vnav problems. My problem is kind of similar but also different in some ways. Last night, i was flying a hop from NZAA - YPPH. Everything went flawlessly. Inhave planned my descent a 100nm from TOD and set my MCP altitude to a lower altitude. When the aircraft reached TOD it would pitch up the nose 5 degrees, the speed would run down to idle and the aircraft would get stuck here for about 10 seconds or so. It then pushes the nose over and starts descending with a descent rate of 3500-5000fpm and the speed goes all over the place and then the engines and hydraulics will fail. Service based failures are turned off. Cam someone please tell me what to do to fix this problem? This is a brilliant plane but also not the first time it has done this, in fact, it has done this since my first install. This was a lot of money to pay for an add on that does not seem to work as it should. Please help.... It does this with both the 200 and 300

Core i5 3Ghz

16GB RAM

Nvidia GTX650

Windows 8.1 64-bit (have the same problem with Windows 7)

Microsoft FSX

Kind regards,

Chris Homes

The only common factor with these odd symptoms (odd in that they are not widely reported, note you attached to a thread over a year old) is the possible use of corrupt panel state files.

I assume you are using SP1C, the current version. Any panel state files that predate SP1 should be deleted.

Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello downscc

I have recently installed SP1C - realised the update was out when I needed a new livery through the Control Centre.  I will test the software with the new update installed before removing anything, but will you please tell me which panel states I should remove and where the files can be located that needs to be removed?

Chris

The panel states are located in your PMDG\PMDG 77X folder. I'd remove all panel states older than SP1 install.

Full names here please Chris.

Dan Downs KCRP