Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

No autotune of ILS freq?

Hi!

Have anyone else got the problem that the ILS on the NAV/RAD page doesnt autotune?

It have happened on all my flights, but the last one between ESSA-ESGG I paid attention to what I did;-)

I selected my approach ILS03 and MOXAM1L arrival at ESGG

during my descent I got a message saying something like "ILS/CRS FREQ ERROR" or something similar.

Then i checked my FMCs NAVRAD page and it said ILS freq 113.00 or something like that.

The samething has occured for all my approaches.

I am using the latest airac from NAVIGRAPH

/Niklas

Niklas Eriksson

Have anyone else got the problem that the ILS on the NAV/RAD page doesnt autotune?

Yep.  There are several posts even on this subforum's first page with the same issue.  Additionally, the Problem tracking thread also mentions it.  This is caused by the C&D Panel State.  Either don't use it, or simply delete the entries on the NAVRAD page.

Kyle Rodgers

Haha ah, maybe I should try looking a bit further back than the first page of the forum... I thought that this would have been a hot thread by now;-)

Will the FMC replace the ils freq with the correct one if deleted?

(Thanks for the reply even though i missed the search ) ;-)

Niklas Eriksson

Will the FMC replace the ils freq with the correct one if deleted?

Yes.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Yes.

I want to make sure that I am deleting the right line. When I delete what looks like an ils frequency it changes to the word "Park". I did this pre-takeoff and prior to entering my destination runway etc. Will this line update on its own going forward or do I need to delete the line only when I have a landing runway entered? 

A related question: is it correct that the CDU does not tune the runway frequency automatically on an RNAV approach. This is happening to me.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

I want to make sure that I am deleting the right line. When I delete what looks like an ils frequency it changes to the word "Park". I did this pre-takeoff and prior to entering my destination runway etc. Will this line update on its own going forward or do I need to delete the line only when I have a landing runway entered? 

I may be wrong but I believe the ILS autotune is inihibited on the ground or until 10 minutes after take off. However, once airborne, to have the ILS frequency autotuned, you need to have the FMS in autotune mode....this is indicated by a little "A" between the VOR frequency and the identifier in the NAV RAD page (top left and top right). Having a "M" means you are in manual tuning mode.

To revert to autotune just delete the entry in line 1L and 1R (by pressing DEL and then pressing LSK 1L and 1R). When you select a destination ILS runway in the DEP ARR page, the ILS line on the NAV RAD page will show the related runway ILS frequency/course with "park" on the right. Once you are within 50 Nm from destination you will make it active by pressing LSK 4L ("park" will then disappear). However the ILS receivers may operate both in autotune and manual tune. 

Regards

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

You need to have the FMS in autotune mode....this is indicated by a little "A" between the VOR frequency and the identifier in the NAV RAD page (top left and top right). Having a "M" means you are in manual tuning mode.

To revert to autotune just delete the entry in line 1L and 1R (by pressing DEL and then pressing LSK 1L and 1R). When you select a destination ILS runway in the DEP ARR page, the ILS line on the NAV RAD page will show corresponding runway ILS frequency/course with "park" on the right. Once you are within 50 Nm from destination you will make it active by pressing LSK 4L ("park" will then disappear).

Thank you for your answer!

A related question: is it correct that the CDU does not tune the runway frequency automatically on an RNAV approach. This is happening to me.

Mike

ILS will autotune only if an ILS approach is selected in the DEP/APP CDU page.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

ILS will autotune only if an ILS approach is selected in the DEP/APP CDU page.

Thank you,Michael. I kinda figured. I will see if I can tune it manually later, but I assume I can. Will have to overcome the habit of relying on the CDU to tune instead of actually looking it up! It's nice to have Loc/GS as an added reference, even though as I understand it, an RNAV approach terminates in a visual approach and landing.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Is not only cause by the cold and dark state. I only select ILS approaches. It has worked fine like in 3 or 4 flights. I had to land visually after approaching to the runway since the ILS haven't been auto tuned. It's obviously a bug beyond the C&D. It works fine some nights and some don't and I'm talking about the same flight with the same settings every night... and the same exact flight plan.

Chemanuel

Is not only cause by the cold and dark state. I only select ILS approaches. It has worked fine like in 3 or 4 flights. I had to land visually after approaching to the runway since the ILS haven't been auto tuned. It's obviously a bug beyond the C&D. It works fine some nights and some don't and I'm talking about the same flight with the same settings every night... and the same exact flight plan.

Chemanuel

Yes it is a known bug not only related to the C&D state. It is fixed for the next update.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

I may be wrong but I believe the ILS autotune is inihibited on the ground or until 10 minutes after take off. However, once airborne, to have the ILS frequency autotuned, you need to have the FMS in autotune mode....this is indicated by a little "A" between the VOR frequency and the identifier in the NAV RAD page (top left and top right). Having a "M" means you are in manual tuning mode.

To revert to autotune just delete the entry in line 1L and 1R (by pressing DEL and then pressing LSK 1L and 1R). When you select a destination ILS runway in the DEP ARR page, the ILS line on the NAV RAD page will show the related runway ILS frequency/course with "park" on the right. Once you are within 50 Nm from destination you will make it active by pressing LSK 4L ("park" will then disappear). However the ILS receivers may operate both in autotune and manual tune. 

Regards

Ok.......This is an old post but what iv instead of an A or M between the frequency and identifier there is an R???

On PMDG 777 simming with P3D V3....

Thanks

Will Charles

Ok.......This is an old post but what iv instead of an A or M between the frequency and identifier there is an R???

On PMDG 777 simming with P3D V3....

Hi, Charles,

Are you seeing this for the ILS frequency or for a VOR frequency? According to FCOM V2 "R" applies to VOR tuning. See FCOM

V. 2 964 & 966-968. I don't find any mention of "R" for the ILS frequency.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

The letter R denotes route tuning and will display when a navaid is either the next waypoint or previous waypoint in an active route.

Brian W

KPAE