Sign in to follow this  
James Evans

FSX Fatal Error with PMDG777

Good day all,

After purchasing the 777. I was pleased. The aircraft looks stunning and the features simulated are fantastic. There is however an issue that makes the aircraft unflyable for me. When I select it from the fsx menu and start on ground. I can get sometimes all the way through preflight, other times 1hr into the flight but it is guranteed on 7/7 flights that fsx will crash with a fatal error. What makes this worse is that it doesnt list the reason for the error and nothing appears wrong up until that point. For additional information, I have 4gb patch installed so it is not a memory issue. I have gone through.cfg changes and removed automationcore.dll over time to stop fsx crashing. It has a real issue with win7. I am running 64bit. It is now relatively stable 99/100 flights are fine with no crash however it seems to have reared its ugly head again with the 777. Its a shame as I love the aircraft but im feeling ive wasted £60 on something that at the moment doesnt fly.

Appreciate any help

James Evans

Hi,

This may or may not apply to you, but I was getting freezes just from using the FMC, or even when I left it on the ground to make a coffee to come back and see it had frozen with the Sound buzzing..

this had happened numerous times..But I didn't ###### about it I tried out a few things here and there then..

I turned off Malware bytes which was running in the BackGround and hey presto a perfect flight..

Like I say it may not apply to you, but I think it solved it for me - Check what you have running in the background like virus protection etc. Disable and re-try

hope it helps.

Manny

How did they help you fix it - what was suggested?

They asked me to delete some files. in diff locations... I forget now. 

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi

I also have too many fatal error crashes for me to be able to use the product.  I have had about 7 flights and 4 of them ended with the fatal error message.

I will also try sending a support ticket.

Thanks

Bob