Sign in to follow this  
EdubFlyer

Idea for auto cruise

I really like the auto cruise feature. I was wondering if it would be desirable to put an option to inhibit the "Pilot Response" feature in the Auto Cruise dialogue. I know you can turn it off in the aircraft options , however I think it would be convenient.

Eric Wallace

Eric is talking about using the alertness monitor during his flights but having it temporarily and automatically disabled during auto time acceleration.

One more suggestion:

I noticed this feature not slowing down for each waypoint in the FMC (for example, if the next waypoint doesn't require a turn). Any chance for an option that makes this feature slow down to 1x or 2x maximum for each and every waypoint, no matter whether a turn is involved? Would help with external flight tracking by RadarContact and other addons.

Eric is talking about using the alertness monitor during his flights but having it temporarily and automatically disabled during auto time acceleration.

Exactly, I like both features. Honestly didn't think auto cruise would interest me, but I have to say its pretty cool and gives you time to play with long routes. On a different note, I can't believe how the plane can perform even on a full load to OMDB. It's hard to believe such a heavy plane can climb like that.

I found it working for stable climbs and descents as well (in fair weather, for example). So it can also help during a long descent from FL340 to FL230 or similar. Of course it works with intermediate level-offs, too. Pretty versatile already; would love to have it support RadarContact by making sure RC recognizes every waypoint passed.