Sign in to follow this  
red259

Does vox atc work with pmdg 777?

Is anyone able to use vox atc with the pmdg 777? I look through the options of planes of which I can install the vox panel into and 777 is not listed.

I know ypu probably did, but did you run your indexer? It works very well with the 777.

NAX669.png

Whenever you install a new plane it's visible in Vox's "Panel Setup".

Click "Install" and the Vox window comes up when you start a flight .

I just did it with the PMDG 777.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

I have run the indexer etc and I am finding VOX works perfectly ok on the 777 LRX base pack but, won't operate properly on the BA livery of the same that I downloaded through flight ops centre. VOX initialises, contacts ATIS but hangs / freezes on " first officer operating radio" when I ask him to call for clearance. Only happens on the livery down load.

VOX works well for me. The only problem I have is it seems to affect the outside animations. I can't see the chocks or ground power units. I also have the flight test package showing even though it's not selected in the CDU. In the NGX the logo light doesn't work and the beacon is always on but does not flash (by that I mean that even when I switch the beacon of in the VC the light is still on). The other problem I have with VOX and the NGX is if I enable VOX before the IRS has aligned the IRS will never align. If I then select a panel stated with the IRS aligned the problem is solved. In fact I just don't enable VOX until the NGX is aligned so it's not a great problem. Nor are the T7 artefacts a problem as am not bothered about looking at out side views. Also once I start the T7's engines the test equipment disappears only to reappear when the engines are shut down

VOX works well for me. The only problem I have is it seems to affect the outside animations. I can't see the chocks or ground power units. I also have the flight test package showing even though it's not selected in the CDU. In the NGX the logo light doesn't work and the beacon is always on but does not flash (by that I mean that even when I switch the beacon of in the VC the light is still on). The other problem I have with VOX and the NGX is if I enable VOX before the IRS has aligned the IRS will never align. If I then select a panel stated with the IRS aligned the problem is solved. In fact I just don't enable VOX until the NGX is aligned so it's not a great problem. Nor are the T7 artefacts a problem as am not bothered about looking at out side views. Also once I start the T7's engines the test equipment disappears only to reappear when the engines are shut down

I have had the issue of IRS not aligned as well. I couldn't figure out what was causing it, but I'm thinking now it must have been the times I turned on vox prior to a cold dark startup. 

Next time you fly the NGX could you please align the IRS before starting VOX. Have you noticed the problem with the beacon? I should have added that the logo light will not work once I enable VOX. 

Regards

Nixon

Next time you fly the NGX could you please align the IRS before starting VOX. Have you noticed the problem with the beacon? I should have added that the logo light will not work once I enable VOX. 

Regards

Nixon

Haven't noticed the problem with beacon, although I will be on the look out for it. I never noticed the issue with the logo light, but I don't use it every flight.