Sign in to follow this  
tersier

RAAS not working PMDG 777

the RAAS menu is present in the FSX menu but no RAAS alerts.

I tried to desinstall RAAS, to reintall the last version. Parameters checked in RAASPRO.ini

[RAASPRO]
SceneryID=
DEFAULTProfile=PMDG 777X
FSXSceneryID=0

here is the log

earching for Flight Simulator's Main Window...
Retrieving Flight Simulator's Path and Version...
It's a supported Flight Simulator...
Retrieving RAAS Pro version...
Reading the INITIALIZATION file...
Checking for updates...
Searching for SIMCONNECT.DLL...
The SIMCONNECT.DLL file has been FOUND!...
The SIMCONNECT.DLL has been LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!...
Attempting to connect to the Flight Simulator...
CONNECTED! to Flight Simulator...
Initializating RAAS system...
LOG EVENT -> R4.CSV file found....
LOG EVENT -> SCHEMA.INI file found....
LOG EVENT -> Reading SCHEMA.INI file....
LOG EVENT -> FAILED in create Connection object....
LOG EVENT -> Operation FAILED! - Error code: 0x80040154....

Building sound sets list...
Sound set(s) FOUND!...
Building profiles list...
Openning DEFAULT profile...
Unloading PREVIOUS sounds set...
Loading CURRENT sounds set...
Sounds set LOADED SUCCESSFULLY!...
Initializating TOKEN variables...
Creating profile font...
LOG EVENT -> Initialize COM....

Thanks for your support!

Regards

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

working on Windows 7 X64 and it seems that MDAC is part of the OS. no idea how to proceed.

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 can't be installed on Windows7.

I'm having a problem getting RAASPro working (that came with PMDG 777) ... but maybe I'm just not doing something correctly (it is enabled in the DLL.XML).  I've enabled RAAS in FMC (assuming that is needed), but when I open the RAASPro control panel, and select "Master switch On/Off" (checked) and return to AC and taxi ... I don't get any runway call outs -- I've got the latest version of MakeRwys.exe and it created runways.csv, runways.txt, and runways.xml.

If I go back to the RAASPro control panel the Master switch On/Off is not selected?  If I run a SOUND test I hear nothing but everything checks out correctly in the log (no errors).

I'm probably just missing a step or something?  Any hints?

Thanks, Rob.

working on Windows 7 X64 and it seems that MDAC is part of the OS. no idea how to proceed.

Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 can't be installed on Windows7.

You may just have to re-install your OS cleanly or try to repair it if possible.

See this link:

http://www.pcworld.com/article/243190/how_to_repair_a_corrupt_windows_7_installation.html

I think your MDAC is corrupt.

I'm having a problem getting RAASPro working (that came with PMDG 777) ... but maybe I'm just not doing something correctly (it is enabled in the DLL.XML).  I've enabled RAAS in FMC (assuming that is needed), but when I open the RAASPro control panel, and select "Master switch On/Off" (checked) and return to AC and taxi ... I don't get any runway call outs -- I've got the latest version of MakeRwys.exe and it created runways.csv, runways.txt, and runways.xml.

If I go back to the RAASPro control panel the Master switch On/Off is not selected?  If I run a SOUND test I hear nothing but everything checks out correctly in the log (no errors).

I'm probably just missing a step or something?  Any hints?

Thanks, Rob.

Rob,

That you pass all the error tests is good.

If you don't hear sound, try this from the Trouble Shooting section.. this is probably it... 

1. If you have a 5.1 speaker sound system, set your speaker configuration to "Stereo" via the Realtek Audio Manager (assuming you're using the Realtek Audio Manager).

If you have a 5.1 speaker sound system, set your speaker configuration to "Stereo" via the Realtek Audio Manager (assuming you're using the Realtek Audio Manager).

This worked for the sound test, but I'm still not getting any RAAS calls ... I'm assuming I'm supposed to get some during taxi to runway?  Airport is the FSX default KBFI.  Double checked runways.csv and it has 4 KBFI entries for appropriate runways, so that seems correct.  What am I missing?

This worked for the sound test, but I'm still not getting any RAAS calls ... I'm assuming I'm supposed to get some during taxi to runway?  Airport is the FSX default KBFI.  Double checked runways.csv and it has 4 KBFI entries for appropriate runways, so that seems correct.  What am I missing?

You ran "Make Runways" right?

Run it again.

You should hear a call when approaching the runway, and when entering the runway.

You won't hear any calls during taxi unless you taxi too fast and RAAS thinks you're trying to takeoff on a runway.

You ran "Make Runways" right? Run it again. You should hear a call when approaching the runway, and when entering the runway. You won't hear any calls during taxi unless you taxi too fast and RAAS thinks you're trying to takeoff on a runway.

Yes, ran it again, checked files, see my airport in them, but still no RAAS calls, is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Yes, ran it again, checked files, see my airport in them, but still no RAAS calls, is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Not sure.  If you passed the Sound test and there are no errors in your Log file, you should be all set.

Try it at a different airport.

Are you sure RAAS is enabled on your specific livery via the PMDG Config Manager (not just the FMC)?

Are you sure RAAS is enabled on your specific livery via the PMDG Config Manager (not just the FMC)?

Double checked, went thru all my liveries and they all have RAAS Installed = Yes.

Tried a different airport, KSEA - still no go.

Here is a what my RAASPro control panel looks like:

f4a1209b101a8e5a515489b398a116a7.jpg

If I check "Master Switch (On/Off)"  the gray/disabled items are enabled.  Click Close and Save Settings.  If I go back into the RAASPro control panel it will no have my saved settings and the "Master Switch (On/Off)" is not checked ... is this how it's supposed to work?  But either way, I can't get an RAASPro call outs when I taxi to a Runway.

Not sure how to proceed.

If I check "Master Switch (On/Off)"  the gray/disabled items are enabled.  Click Close and Save Settings.  If I go back into the RAASPro control panel it will no have my saved settings and the "Master Switch (On/Off)" is not checked ... is this how it's supposed to work?  But either way, I can't get an RAASPro call outs when I taxi to a Runway.

Do you have UAC enabled?

It may be blocking something.

Please do this:

1. Disable UAC fully (google UAC if you're not sure what it is).

2. Try again.

3. If it still doesn't work, email me at admin@    fs2crew.com

We'll do a remote desktop.

Hi Bryan,

Just to report similar problems here with RAAS showing in 'FSX menu, enabled via Ops Center and FMC, Make runways executed, RAAS error log shows everything successful but system not working.... no sound!

Solution was to set the Creative Labs Config Utility to 2.1 speakers (Was set to 7.1). I was then able to run the RAAS system test successfully.

I also had to restart FSX and then set aircraft position to a runway, select a new T7 livery and then everything worked OK.

Note: not sure if this was important but... I had the Freighter loaded and had not run the pax version at all since install of the T7. So I loaded up the PMDG pax livery first and once working then selected other airports and liveries to ensure it is working.

Anyway, not sure if this is of any use or not for future t/shooting.

Regards

set aircraft position to a runway

Interesting, I always set my aircraft position to a Gate or Parking ... so I have to start of "on a runway"?

Do you have UAC enabled?

No. I'm Admin, FSX is set to "Run As Administrator".

On a side note, I also don't really want to run FSX under Stereo only, I enjoy my 7.1 sound even if upmixed.  Any reason why RAASPro can't work with my existing sound settings?

One other question, are there any known conflicts with other products?  Like Traffic 360?  Accu_Feel? (I currently have Accu_Feel disabled when running the PMDG).

Email sent.

Thanks, Rob.

Solution was to set the Creative Labs Config Utility to 2.1 speakers (Was set to 7.1). I was then able to run the RAAS system test successfully.

That was it.  This is documented in the manual.

nteresting, I always set my aircraft position to a Gate or Parking ... so I have to start of "on a runway"?

Of course not, you can start anywhere. I usually start at a gate.

The solution to your problem is to set your sound to Stereo.

The 7.1 sound is just a limit of our MS based sound engine.

There are no other known conflicts with RAAS, and as mentioned, our user base is in the tens of thousands.

All known potential issues are described here (bottom entry):

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=help_and_trouble_shooting

Cheers,

Bryan,

I am having similar problems as Rob as well; however, I get the RAAS advisories intermittently. I will load the T7 onto rwy 32 at CYOW and I get the "on runway 32". It was working for almost a week, and now I'm not hearing it anymore. No errors, and the sound check can be heard as normal. I do notice that the RAAS master box is unchecked when I enter the RAAS properties window after saving it with the master checked.

I'm using an MAudio Firewire 410 external sound deck. Given that I can hear the sound check, I'm not sure this is a 2.1 vs. 7.1 issue? I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the issues seemed to pop up after I used makerunways for the first time.

Thanks in advance!

I am having similar problems as Rob as well; however, I get the RAAS advisories intermittently. I will load the T7 onto rwy 32 at CYOW and I get the "on runway 32". It was working for almost a week, and now I'm not hearing it anymore. No errors, and the sound check can be heard as normal. I do notice that the RAAS master box is unchecked when I enter the RAAS properties window after saving it with the master checked.

I'm using an MAudio Firewire 410 external sound deck. Given that I can hear the sound check, I'm not sure this is a 2.1 vs. 7.1 issue? I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the issues seemed to pop up after I used makerunways for the first time.

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure your 777 livery has RAAS enabled?

Your issue is not a sound problem since the sound test works.

Try again, but at different airport.

Also run Make Runways again... make sure you follow the instructions exactly.

Cheers

I've done the following:

1. Verified RAAS is enabled in both the FMC and the PMDG Ops Center

2. Tried multiple different airports.

3. Ran make runways a few times.

4. Tried multiple airports again.

RAAS cut back in briefly at one airport; however, it stopped working after one advisory. When I look at the RAAS panel, it seems that the master is having trouble staying active.

Is there a key command that enables or disables the master? I have several mapped to the T7 that I use via FSUIPC on a joystick.

UAC is disabled for Windows.

Many thanks,

I am having similar problems as Rob as well; however, I get the RAAS advisories intermittently.

I gave up trying because of the stereo only support (as I understand it this is a limitation of the RAAS audio engine being used) ... but if you do get this working in stereo, please do share your solution.

Thanks, Rob.

@ Rob: Will do sir.

Just tried a bit of troubleshooting again. I noticed that when I start FSX and load the T7, the RAAS master is still unchecked, despite having set it and saved it on the previous flight. Still not working when I check the master and save the changes at that point.

Just tried a bit of troubleshooting again. I noticed that when I start FSX and load the T7, the RAAS master is still unchecked, despite having set it and saved it on the previous flight. Still not working when I check the master and save the changes at that point.

Are you running everything as an Admin as well?

FSX compatibility settings are set to "Run as Admin". I installed the T7 exe using Run as Admin as well.

Me too, if that helps?

Did you also try disabling your firewall?

One user said that solved his issue.

LOG EVENT -> FAILED in create Connection object....
LOG EVENT -> Operation FAILED! - Error code: 0x80040154....

MDAC repaired and error is still here!

any suggestion ? is there windowd package/ librairies to be installed ?

Thanks for your help

jean-christophe

MDAC repaired and error is still here!
any suggestion ? is there windowd package/ librairies to be installed ?

Not that I know of.

You may just need to do a clean install of your OS.  Your system has corrupt files.