Sign in to follow this  
zarniwoop

Flight display's strange behaviour after take off

So, I started from cold and dark, got everything powered up & setup. After take off I got to about 5,000ft and the PFD and ND suddenly went a bit crazy, all elements of them both started moving or spinning randomly. The back up instruments were functioning normally. I saved the flight, exited FSX and reloaded. Initially, the instruments were  normal but after a few seconds the same behaviour returned. Hard to tell if it is a problem with the way I have setup the aircraft or a bug. Any help welcome. Thanks!

1) Have you tried the same without using Cold and Dark? There are known issues with that state (not quite sure if this is one of them)

2) Silly question - but your copy of 777 has been downloaded from PMDG and properly activated?

--> Please note that per forum rules, you need to sign all posts with your full name. 

Hi,

I have not tried the same without cold and dark, will do this ASAP.

Yes, downloaded from PMDG and properly activated. 

Sorry, I missed the rule about full name (very recently created an account and I can't change my signature till Sept 19th so will just sign manually for the time being.)

Thanks,

Luke Hitchin

This problem seems to affect my installation of PMDG 777 all the time. I have tried various aircraft configurations, etc and the same problem occours roughly the same time after take off on every flight. I am wondering if it is an issue with my installation (if it was a general issue i'm sure other people would have had the same problem by now). Will try un-installing FSX and PMDG 777 and re-installing it all again.............

Luke Hitchin