Sign in to follow this  
ABE

AIR TRAFFIC - CARRIER-LANDING

I am unable to watch any AI traffic carrier-landing - I did in the past. I even created some traffic. I am able to see the Corsairs and Skyhawks - only with WHEELS landing in naval airports.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Abe

You may have been inside a mission??? I know of no AI that will find a carrier and land on it. Could be wrong...

No mission. I created several AI traffic files and was able to watch the landings on various carriers. Today, I tried it, could not do it. Like I mentioned above, I only could see Corsairs and Skyhawks - only with WHEELS landing for naval airports.

I like to open this subject again:

I am unable to watch any AI traffic carrier-landing - I did in the past. I even created some traffic. I am able to see the Corsairs and Skyhawks - only with WHEELS landing in naval airports.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Abe

As Dolph said already, I don't know that this was actually possible: As far as I am aware, FSX traffic files need to have a specific airport code as departure and arrival airport. As carriers do not have an "airport" code (at least not in FSX), this is not possible.

The only time I saw traffic using carriers was in a defaul Acceleration mission, and it turned out that this was actually a replay of a previously recorded flight that was coded into this mission.

If you could tell us how you created that traffic maybe someone could try to replicate this and see if it has a chance to work.

Something that confuses me in your posts, though, is that you point out the fact that the aircraft land on their wheels, as they still use them when landing on a carrier.

1.This is just a very small example of what is available in form of AI CARRIERS.

aicarriers2.zip

uss_nimitz_ike_version2_part1

uss_nimitz_ike_version2_part2

aicarriers2r2.zip

carriertracks1and2.zip

aicarriers1.zip

2.You say:

Something that confuses me in your posts, though, is that you point out the fact that the aircraft land on their wheels, as they still use them when landing on a carrier.

My point is, if you have read my post carefully, that, I only see the aircraft with their WHEELS DOWN - aircraft that land on the aircraft carriers DO NOT APPEAR...........that's the differentiation.

Thank you.

I forgot to add, in addition to the AI TRAFFIC that I added. I also created several moving carriers following routes I created around the Los Angeles basin and Catalina island. All of them function beautifully.

I also created several moving carriers following routes I created around the Los Angeles basin and Catalina island. All of them function beautifully.

Does that mean that aircraft finally do land on those carriers? In that case disregard the following, but please tell me how you manged that. I'd be most interested in that.

If this is not the case:

aicarriers2.zip
uss_nimitz_ike_version2_part1
uss_nimitz_ike_version2_part2
aicarriers2r2.zip
carriertracks1and2.zip
aicarriers1.zip

You aware of the fact that these air AI ships only? None of those contain aircraft (at least no flying ones, Javier's Nimitz and Ike carriers do have some static aircraft).

My point is, if you have read my post carefully, that, I only see the aircraft with their WHEELS DOWN - aircraft that land on the aircraft carriers DO NOT APPEAR...........that's the differentiation.

To be honest, that added even more confusion - don't be angry with me, I just try to understand what it means so I might be able to help you. I simply can't seem to find any connection between the "I only see the aircraft with their WHEELS DOWN" statement and the fact that "aircraft that land on the aircraft carriers DO NOT APPEAR". Are those "aircraft with their WHEELS DOWN" approaching something that should be there, but isn't, or are they simply approaching naval bases only? The first one would indicate that you have indeed managed to point the aircraft to a place to land, which is not an airport, however, there seems to be no carrier, so the aircarft seems to make an approach to "empty space". The second part is what I believe is your point - this would strongly indicate that there really is no aircraft traffic that lands on the carriers.

As said above I highly doubt that this is actually possible in FSX, because AI carriers are not really part of FSX. As I understand it, they are objects that are simply drawn because FSX is "forced" to do so by the AIcarriers.exe  via simconnect. Hence they do not exist for FSX (AI carriers won't even appear in default FSX replays, it will simply look like you're landing on an invisible platform). Besides, I don't believe that the AI engine of FSX is in any way capable of controlling planes that land on moving objects. The only thing I can believe is that there is a way of having those planes land on the few static carriers.

This is why I ask you again: Where have you seen aircraft landing on carriers? Also, what AI aircraft traffic do you use that is supposed to land on the carriers?

I would suggest popping in to the Sim Outhouse Forum with this question too. Some of the folk there are seriously into military, and especially carrier stuff.  Worth a try.