Sign in to follow this  
dc10boy

Best A320 for FS9?

Hi All, what is the best, most detailed A320 series package for FS9?
I'm looking for something akin to PMDG or Maddog level of detail.
Airsimmers offering looks good but how does it stack up?
Stan

Nothing on the level of PMDG but the original Feelthere/Wilco A320 package (not the Evolution version) is pretty good.  The Evolution package is a third party effort outside of the original team that has a few features that aren't fully integrated into the original effort.  For comparison FS2Crew has done a better job in integration that the Evolution package.  Everything offered in the 2D panel should work in the VC is one example. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

AirSimmer Extended Team (Advanced) is the pinnacle.

The poorly named 'Basic' is now the only version available for sale .Not finished, unfortunately, but most things work as you would expect when you upgrade to V1.4.

Project Airbus has by far the most accurate external model, although no systems are included with it, it'd be worthy of a panel merge, and it's free.

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Nothing on the level of PMDG but the original Feelthere/Wilco A320 package (not the Evolution version) is pretty good.  The Evolution package is a third party effort outside of the original team that has a few features that aren't fully integrated into the original effort.  For comparison FS2Crew has done a better job in integration that the Evolution package.  Everything offered in the 2D panel should work in the VC is one example. 

Frankly speaking the evolution upgrade adds a couple of features I really miss in the vanilla Feelthere/Wilco development. (NOT the wx radar, though!)

The PSS A320 (developed for FS2002, but can be patched into FS9 by the Justflight automatic updater) still has a few features not simulated by Feelthere and Wilco.

My overall recommendation is the upgraded Wilco/Feelthere Bus. But I don't consider it a must-buy.

Another question folks.does the Airsimmer A320 offer the ability to display fuel qty. and weights in Lbs. instead of KG.?
Does airbus Evolution?
thanks
Stan

I bought the CLS A330/340 collection for $15...a steal considering the quality. I love it, but I can't compare it with any of the others as it's the only Airbus I've flown.