Sign in to follow this  
cedarjet201

Some Help Full Tutorial How to Load The Fuel Into the 777

For the same reason I say I've typed this message on my computer, and not on my keyboard ;)

It's not the same thing... you know that calling the CDU an FMC or even an FMS is a widely spread mistake in a business where technicalities are important and can even set the difference between life or death. It's also a mistake to call Masses Weights (as in expressing the MTOW in Kg which is completely wrong). Weights are expressed in force units, such as Newton, and Masses in Kg or Pounds or whatever you use depending on where you were live.

I care about those things. So sue me...

(though here in Spain, in real life the CDU is often called "la caja", which means "the box", which I kinda like :)

Omar Josef
737/757/767

It's not the same thing... you know that calling the CDU an FMC or even an FMS is a widely spread mistake in a business where technicalities are important and can even set the difference between life or death.

It kinda is, and his above comparison was pretty accurate.

Calling the CDU an FMC/FMS isn't going to kill anyone.

Calling heading 360, 060 will...

Kyle Rodgers

Pounds is a measure of force, actually.

Pound is a measure of mass. Multiply it by 4.45 and you'll get the weight of a pound on earth expressed in newton. Go to another planet, and that pound will weigh differently.

Pound-force (Lbf) is a measure of force and can be used as a measure of weight. But that's a whole different unit of measurement.

I know this one's also silly. Some of my weight and balance and aerodynamics books also make this mistake.

Omar Josef
737/757/767