Sign in to follow this  
Philippine116

IM TIRED OF MY COMPUTER!

I need a new one

I run fsx in 2.6fps avg!!!!

I'm currently considering:

HP Pavilion dv6-6b26us 15.6" Laptop (i3-2330M Processor, 6GB DDR 3, 640GB HD, Windows 7, Beats Audio, Bluetooth, HDMI, WebCam)

Will it do better(I mean like 15-20 fps avg on high to very high)?

If there are better suggestions please reply.

I have $399 dollars buget

At at least 20fps on very high settings

I need a new one

I run fsx in 2.6fps avg!!!!

I'm currently considering:

HP Pavilion dv6-6b26us 15.6" Laptop (i3-2330M Processor, 6GB DDR 3, 640GB HD, Windows 7, Beats Audio, Bluetooth, HDMI, WebCam)

Will it do better(I mean like 15-20 fps avg on high to very high)?

If there are better suggestions please reply.

I have $399 dollars buget

At at least 20fps on very high settings

If you see a duplicate post down below its my compters fault admins!!!!!!

To be honest, with that budget you should aim for desktop system. Perhaps even a used one with a still powerfully CPU. A new laptop will most likely not cut it and increasing it's speed (think overclocking) may not work at all.

You really need a decent CPU for FSX fps.

/ sent from a mobile thingy /

I think the main problem is probably that you're running Intel HD 3000 Graphics, which isn't really meant for gaming/FSX. You may be running too high settings and may just need to turn things down to be able to run things more acceptably.

Are you looking for a laptop or a desktop with your $399 budget?

Either way I think you are going to struggle to buy anything brand new that will run FSX acceptably with that budget since that would barely cover a CPU and motherboard.

I think you might be better off saving some more cash or otherwise you might need to consider buying a slightly older used system.

I think the main problem is probably that you're running Intel HD 3000 Graphics, which isn't really meant for gaming/FSX. You may be running too high settings and may just need to turn things down to be able to run things more acceptably.

Are you looking for a laptop or a desktop with your $399 budget?

Either way I think you are going to struggle to buy anything brand new that will run FSX acceptably with that budget since that would barely cover a CPU and motherboard.

I think you might be better off saving some more cash or otherwise you might need to consider buying a slightly older used system.

First of all my computer specs are:

processor  T4200 2.00 GHZ

RAM  4GB 3.84 usable

Graphics Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Im not interested in desktop because I dont really want to pay for a new everything (so basically laptop)

intersted in this http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00793Z7RW/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3FQHAIHJAAINZ where will it get me

Sorry, I misread. I thought that was the model you already had.

As far as FSX goes, that's really not going to get you far.

If you really MUST buy a laptop for FSX you will need one that has a dedicated GPU and not an integrated one like the Intel HD3000.

Personally I would never buy a laptop for gaming/FSX, but if I had to go that way I'd be looking for one with atleast a Geforce GTX 660M/760M for the GPU.

The CPU in the notebook you are considering is also not really all that quick as far as gaming/FSX is concerned.

I really don't think you'll see a world of difference going to that laptop and would end up just as dissappointed. You'd be better off saving a bit more money and getting a higher tier model.

A quick search found this example, but I'm sure there are other options out there. Price is $999 though, so quite a bit over your budget.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8279340&SRCCODE=CHANNELINC&cisrccode=cii_7240466&cpncode=30-9966923

Any other suggestions. I'm not looking for a 1,000 dollar cpu that will run FSX 40-50fps on hight settings, I'm looking for a computer that is decent which can run fsx from 15-30 fps...  (my computer cant even go higher than 15 fps on settings all to very low!!)

Desktop or laptop just needs to be lower than $500 (yes I raised the bar)

Ok, well $500 might get you in the ballpark but I think you would be better served looking at a desktop over a laptop.

Are you willing to consider building your own PC or would it need to be pre-assembled?

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, like ive been accused here before... :P but ah, yeah even $500 isn't gonna get far either. If you can score atleast a Win7 machine with i7 2600K with 560Ti graphics card, you should be doing pretty darn good. 

I did a quick and dirty google and found this for $514 base price....not bad imo with that budget. The interwebz is full of deals like that.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, like ive been accused here before... :P but ah, yeah even $500 isn't gonna get far either. If you can score atleast a Win7 machine with i7 2600K with 560Ti graphics card, you should be doing pretty darn good. 

I did a quick and dirty google and found this for $514 base price....not bad imo with that budget. The interwebz is full of deals like that.

I agree, $500 isn't going to get him all that far but I guess that's what budget he has to work with.

That deal you found isn't too bad. No GPU included though so he'd end up with worse performance than if he gets a lower grade CPU but with a GPU added.

Unless ofcourse he's happy to go with integrated for now and add a GPU a few months down the track.

Up to the OP and what he wan't to do I guess.

Best deal I can find. Only one avail and its a refurb but great price for what you get.

Funny, that's the same one I found. Not a very strong GPU but with a low budget you're fairly limited.

Also found these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220361

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220362

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220369

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883220366

Ofcourse there's no monitor included in any of the packages, but I think that's about the ballpark he's going to get unless he builds his own or buys components second hand.

I appreciate all the post but I don't even have a monitor even a keyboard and most of all a (proper) computer desk.

If the price in $500 and I get a full package I would end up at around $800 that's kinda why I want a laptop.

Ok, well $500 might get you in the ballpark but I think you would be better served looking at a desktop over a laptop.

Are you willing to consider building your own PC or would it need to be pre-assembled?

Heck I don't even know how good a computer should be to run FSX and you expect me to build a PC :P .

I appreciate all the post but I don't even have a monitor even a keyboard and most of all a (proper) computer desk.

If the price in $500 and I get a full package I would end up at around $800 that's kinda why I want a laptop.

Heck I don't even know how good a computer should be to run FSX and you expect me to build a PC :P .

haha, don't expect you to build one, but it's not hard and if you're willing to give it a go it will work out cheaper for you.

The packages we linked you come with keyboard and mouse. You could grab a decent 24" monitor for under $150. Sure your total cost will be around $650-700 but you won't start to get the same performance out of a laptop until you were well over $1,000.00.

Up to you what you want to do here obviously as far as your budget etc goes, but I'll be glad to help out where I can :wink:

haha, don't expect you to build one, but it's not hard and if you're willing to give it a go it will work out cheaper for you.

The packages we linked you come with keyboard and mouse. You could grab a decent 24" monitor for under $150. Sure your total cost will be around $650-700 but you won't start to get the same performance out of a laptop until you were well over $1,000.00.

Up to you what you want to do here obviously as far as your budget etc goes, but I'll be glad to help out where I can :wink:

Alright thanks

:biggrin:

though my best option is an exeptional (15-30 fps as I mentioned) laptop.

somewhere between $0-500

Alright thanks

:biggrin:

though my best option is an exeptional (15-30 fps as I mentioned) laptop.

somewhere between $0-500

To be honest I don't think that's going to happen in that price range, but best of luck and I hope you find something!

Let us know if we can be of any more help.