Sign in to follow this  
Philippine116

IM TIRED OF MY COMPUTER!

Laptops for fsx are waste of money. At 500 budget a $499 or even $299 desktop still way better than $499 laptop. ebay or other sites plenty of used intels get for cheap to use for fsx.

Keyboards get them for $10.00 to $20.00, pc mouse same thing, monitor if you have tv built after 2008 use hdmi ports. That $514 2600k looks enticing thou

And that is a very good point from VeryBumpy. Without wanting to sound rude, please don't repeat the question just because the answer doesn't fit your expectations.

Maybe you are lucky and find a used high-end laptop with a decent i7 and a huge power adapter. That one may run FSX ok. But a new machine, at 400 bucks. Ouch, that's no fun in FSX terms. :mellow: I think the nicest rigs would be some Powerbooks, but those are expensive and still don't match even midrange desktop PCs in FSX.

Of course, if you need a laptop, you need a laptop. No way around that. But if you just want to avoid the spending on a monitor and keyboard, I'd say that you may be more flexible than you think. 22 inches should be cheap and still ok. Keyboards come for 10 bucks, same as mice to start with. Pick a CPU with some overclocking potential and a good cooler and adjust the rest of the system to your liking. Anything desktop-wise will be better than a laptop for FSX and also allows you to upgrade after some time.

To be fair, I use a laptop for simming purposes, and FSX does not run that bad on it. But my specs are higher than the specs of the laptops of your choice (see the My PC tab on the left), and it was quite a bit more expensive than what you say is your budget. Besides, I would not really recommend it from today#s point of view, it is simply easier to upgrad single parts of your machine with a desktop PC, and they still seem to run FSX a lot better!

You say you need a new computer due to bad FPS - so you should at first think about whether your settings are appropriate for your current computer (I dare say no). Lower them and see if it works better - that might save you a lot of money!

To be fair, I use a laptop for simming purposes, and FSX does not run that bad on it. But my specs are higher than the specs of the laptops of your choice (see the My PC tab on the left), and it was quite a bit more expensive than what you say is your budget. Besides, I would not really recommend it from today#s point of view, it is simply easier to upgrad single parts of your machine with a desktop PC, and they still seem to run FSX a lot better!

You say you need a new computer due to bad FPS - so you should at first think about whether your settings are appropriate for your current computer (I dare say no). Lower them and see if it works better - that might save you a lot of money

I want FSX to be as realistic as posible dont you? I run my setting as low as possible without to much unrealisticness (if thats even a word)

You guys talked me into it :P

Moniter

http://www.amazon.com/ViewSonic-VA1912A-LED-19-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor/dp/B008FC8DFY/ref=sr_1_10?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1378851916&sr=1-10&keywords=monitor

Intresests:

http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-DX4860-UR308-Desktop-Black/dp/B009B8EBUC/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378851545&sr=1-3&keywords=desktop+gaming+computer

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-AXC600-UR12-Desktop-Black/dp/B00ANHDO4E/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378851545&sr=1-7&keywords=desktop+gaming+computer

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-AT3-600-UR22-Desktop-Black/dp/B00COGA6AM/ref=sr_1_12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378851545&sr=1-12&keywords=desktop+gaming+computer

http://www.amazon.com/iBuyPower-GAMER-POWER-AM649FX-Desktop/dp/B00D467DRK/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378851545&sr=1-14&keywords=desktop+gaming+computer

Any one of those would just put me over 500+ this keyboard http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002478-Keyboard-K120/dp/B003ELVLKU/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1378852588&sr=1-1&keywords=keyboard

I'll be bluntly honest with you.

None of those systems are really going to be suitable.

The first three only have Intel HD graphics and not a dedicated GPU, so it's going to run FSX like rubbish.

The last one you linked is probably the best of a bad bunch, but still not really going to be acceptable and deliver the performance you want.

The monitor also isn't the best. It's a fairly low resolution and put simply there a better ones on the market for not much more than that.

Put in your position, I would try to save a little more cash to put a system together or look at buying some second hand components.

You will be able to get a far better system for cheaper if you buy second hand or build your own. I'd probably also steer clear of buying a prebuilt system from Amazon or the likes unless you can choose your own components.

Maybe try visiting your local PC store, get a quote from them and come back here and post it here and we can give you some feedback.

Alternatively, have you considered FS9? Will run nicely on much lower specs than FSX.

I haven't considered fs9 and I am just going to stick with fsx if that's ok.

I kinda like amazon you can find a bit cheaper prices but if you can suggest any other monitors and PC in my budget that would be great.

I haven't considered fs9 and I am just going to stick with fsx if that's ok.

I kinda like amazon you can find a bit cheaper prices but if you can suggest any other monitors and PC in my budget that would be great.

Phillipine116, I have to say that if you're not prepared to be flexible either with budget or trying to build a PC/Buy second hand/buy somewhere other than amazon you're going to have a real hard time finding something suitable for you.

Sorry I don't think I'll be able to help you find a prebuilt PC on amazon.

I'd be able to help you choose individual components within your budget so you can build your own , but if you're not willing to consider that I don't think there's really anything prebuilt from Amazon anyone here on Avsim is likely to recommend to you.

As for the monitor, for you I'd probably recommend something like these two:

http://www.amazon.com/BenQ-GW2255-21-5-Inch-LED-lit-Monitor/dp/B00AX9Z6MU/ref=sr_1_2?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1378857880&sr=1-2&keywords=22+monitor

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-S22C150N-21-5-Inch-Screen-Monitor/dp/B00C18YQ5Y/ref=sr_1_3?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1378857930&sr=1-3&keywords=22+monitor

You could probably find something a little cheaper but I think these two would be pretty decent.

With all due respect, repeating the question isn't going to magically change the answers. Your budget is simply insufficient to get the performance you're desiring from FSX, especially if you're going to cling to the demand for a laptop as well. FSX is a **** to get working properly, on top of the required components, you need OC, enough memory, ... ; things that are much harder with a laptop. 

I would advise you to save up some more (which would be worth the wait!), try to look second-hand/build a computer (which would teach you skills that'd come in handy for FSX!) or go to FS9 and a less powerful computer (which would net you a bigger library of Philippine scenery). 

I want FSX to be as realistic as posible dont you? I run my setting as low as possible without to much unrealisticness (if thats even a word)

then you are going to have to find a way to save up some money, realism doesn't come cheap. You need a high end CPU and a good vid card, not integrated to get the most out of FSX.

Best, Michael

KDFW

With all due respect, repeating the question isn't going to magically change the answers. Your budget is simply insufficient to get the performance you're desiring from FSX, especially if you're going to cling to the demand for a laptop as well. FSX is a **** to get working properly, on top of the required components, you need OC, enough memory, ... ; things that are much harder with a laptop. 

I would advise you to save up some more (which would be worth the wait!), try to look second-hand/build a computer (which would teach you skills that'd come in handy for FSX!) or go to FS9 and a less powerful computer (which would net you a bigger library of Philippine scenery). 

I have noticed a shortage of Philippine scenery in FSX .......

Well I guess I can save to 1000 AT MOST

or any thing under that.....

For a bit of perspective I have a second computer with FSX on it for some testing purposes.

This is an i3 2130 at 3.4GHz with onboard graphics (better specs than the Gateway DX4860-UR308 at Amazon). This computer struggles to get 20fps at minimum graphics settings so I would seriously avoid anything with the words "Intel HD graphics" and that includes most laptops.

My proper FSX machine is an i7 2600k at 3.4GHz with an Nvidia GTX570 graphics card and this usually runs at 40-60fps at medium graphics settings.

Of course, the great thing about desktop PCs is that you can buy one with onboard graphics and then at a later date buy a dedicated graphics card and slot that in (assuming the power supply is properly rated).

www.antsairplanes.com

Well I guess I can save to 1000 AT MOST

Now you're getting somewhere!

Come back when you have the money saved or are close to having the money saved and we can give you some better recommendations.

I would still strongly suggest you either attempt to build your own or buy from a pc builder where you can specify your components.

Atleast this way you will get the most bang for your buck.

Now you're getting somewhere!

Come back when you have the money saved or are close to having the money saved and we can give you some better recommendations.

I would still strongly suggest you either attempt to build your own or buy from a pc builder where you can specify your components.

Atleast this way you will get the most bang for your buck.

I strongly suggest I don't I will end up blowing it up :lol:

And as for the 1000 dollars.... I'll get back to you in 2 years or so :biggrin: