Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

A Quantum Leap in long-haul flying

Tired of wasting time cruising over the vast oceanic and polar reaches in your simulated 747, MD-11, 777, etc?

I've written, and released to the AVSIM library, a small utility program that allows you to warp an FSX plane at cruise ahead to a future point on your flight plan. It allows you to select a named fix or enter coordinates plus a time of arrival, and transport the airplane in its current configuration to that position and time.

For example, you can take your loaded-to-the-gills B777 from Sydney headed to Los Angeles, fly the heavyweight takeoff and departure and get yourself established in cruise. But rather than waiting for 15 hours (or a couple of hours at 16x accelerated flight), you can transport yourself ahead, quark-like, to a point on your route a couple hundred miles off the California coast at the time you'd expect to arrive there, and fly the arrival/descent and landing without the mind-numbing boredom of the long-term droning. (You will have to reset your fuel manually at the leap-ahead point, though).

Another example...you want to fly a polar crossing in your B747 from Seoul to Detroit, but know that FSX will yakk on you like a vodka-chugging frat pledge once you get above 85 deg latitude. Solution? Leap across the pole!

With thousands of hours under my belt flying a military transport at cruise over the vast wastelands of the planet, I hope to spare some of you that butt pain. ;-)

Quantum Leap V1.1 is in the library now: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=179703

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

WOW!

This sounds really exciting Bob.   Guess where I'm heading straight to .......... the AVSIM Library!

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts in making such a superb, useful tool.

Awesome Bob. Many thanks. I can only echo Dave's words

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

thnaks for this, but i have lots of fun using time acceleration instead.

Would probs use this tool for those butt aching got to land now flights

cheers

This utility sounds really great. However I should say that don't forget if you already own a certain other application, :smile: you can already do this with fuel and time depleted, and corrected for time zone and weather adjusted and other options.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I like the title of the utility!  That alone is exciting stuff!  :Big Grin:  Thanks Bob for the contribution. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Bob, thanks for your continuing contributions to the community. This sounds like a great one. Now, can I ask you to even this score out a bit with the PMDG T7 for me?

Takeoffs = 127,

Successful Landings = 0,

Ugly Bone Crusher not landings = 1.

B)

Bob, thanks for your continuing contributions to the community. This sounds like a great one. Now, can I ask you to even this score out a bit with the PMDG T7 for me?

Takeoffs = 127,

Successful Landings = 0,

Ugly Bone Crusher not landings = 1.

B)

Tom

Just change your name to We Tu Lo, slap that logbook summary on a resume to Asiana and you could come out of retirement!

...dang, that was my out-loud voice again, wunnit? :-O

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Just change your name to We Tu Lo, slap that logbook summary on a resume to Asiana and you could come out of retirement!

...dang, that was my out-loud voice again, wunnit? :-O

No, no, no... You don't get it Bob. I need you to create a utility that overcomes the fact that I have closed my eyes on approach. :Praying:

I really like this, Bob, and thanks.

If only I could use it with Radar Contact...or can I?

Anybody else using RC wanna think it through?

spacer.png

I really like this, Bob, and thanks.

If only I could use it with Radar Contact...or can I?

Anybody else using RC wanna think it through?

You could use it, then request "direct to" . I have had to do that using Auto Cruise on the T7

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sounds like MS Flight "skip to waypoint".

Yes, and I am looking forward to using it (if my earlier messages seemed to confuse that fact)...

No, no, no... You don't get it Bob. I need you to create a utility that overcomes the fact that I have closed my eyes on approach. :Praying:

:Idea: I've got a go back 20 seconds button for when I crash :blush:

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com