Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

A Quantum Leap in long-haul flying

:Idea: I've got a go back 20 seconds button for when I crash :blush:

I am afraid I might need more like 2 minutes. :lol:

...I see your point. Come to think of it, 20 seconds is around the time of the final screams from the passengers on my flights. lol

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Landings shouldn't be a problem; it's just a question of having a good co-pilot

Well, that explains things. My CP is a cat. She sucks as a co-pilot... In fact, she can be down right ugly when I mess up. :ph34r:

How will this affect the FMS waypoints, fuel and zulu time (VA Acars etc)?

Thanks.

Tom, ever thought of recruiting your cat as a moderator! :lol:   She looks like she could resolve any disputes pretty unambiguously! 

In fact even just posting a pic of her whenever someone's bisbehavin' would probably have the desired effect....  :lol:

Great add-on Bob!

We did have that in PS1, exactly waypoint-based, and the 744 would jump to that waypoint with all of the simulation variables properly time-warped :-)

I'm downloading it right now :-)  THX!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It's all there in FSNav, but it is one of the many reasons why we stick to FS9!

Those of us that continue to use FS9/FSNav will know that once you have taken off you can, if you so desire it, move your aircraft to another point in the flight plan; then listen to all the waypoint changes (ding, ding, ding, etc) and monitor that the aircraft's altitude, speed and fuel have changed, too!

Sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I really like this, Bob, and thanks.

If only I could use it with Radar Contact...or can I?

Anybody else using RC wanna think it through?

Chris--I wrote and tested it with RC V4 in mind. Just get ATC to give you a clearance direct the waypoint you want to warp to before you make the jump to light speed.

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

How will this affect the FMS waypoints, fuel and zulu time (VA Acars etc)?

Thanks.

You want to do a direct-to the destination waypoint in the FMS before making the jump to avoid coming out of hyperspace to find the FMS wanting to turn back around. The program puts you about 8 miles short of the specified waypoint so that the FMS (and Radar Contact, if you're using it) can detect the waypoint passage and sequence normally from there. The zulu time of arrival at your destination fix is a required input. You'll have to set the fuel manually after making the jump--as I mentioned in the readme, more and more add-ons are modelling the fuel system outside of FSX, so having an external program like this make fuel changes could cause problems with those addons (PMDG warns of this in their docs, in fact). In the recent PMDG birds (NGX/777), it's an easy one-entry proposition to change the fuel load in the FMS.

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Chris--I wrote and tested it with RC V4 in mind. Just get ATC to give you a clearance direct the waypoint you want to warp to before you make the jump to light speed.

Good copy, thanks again, sir.

spacer.png

This utility sounds really great. However I should say that don't forget if you already own a certain other application, :smile:

Which one is that?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Which one is that?

Thanks,

Dirk.

The almost unknown IF10 set's up ATC and the GPS is updated for when you appear at the jump-to point, but FMS's have to be set before jumping.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Big thanks to Bob for this small but magnificent tool. Makes my long flights much more enjoyable and, well, shorter without losing the feel of taking off with a heavy plane. :smile: