Sign in to follow this  
dwc3402

Error message I receive

This is the error i get when trying to activate the panel throught the latest configarator. pls can you help

Dwc3402

Darren Crosby

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpgpmdg_logo.gif

Byork,  I have tried the reg tool ...still no luck. :mellow:

If you are familiar how to view/edit the registry, check the FSX path manually. I had a couple of times running the F1 tool, it actually didn't change anything. If it worked, there should be a backslash at the end of the path.  If you don't feel comfortable going in there don't do it. Remember a mistake you make in the registry, could be detrimental to your system.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Hi, I am the developer of AAX configurator. F1 reg tool has nothing to do with this as configurator is not using registry to determine FSX location.

Path seems correct and should be found so verify this:

1. that you run AAX configurator as admin.

2. that the path in the error message actually exists. Maybe it is simply missing... :)

Kind regards,

Robert Miroszewski.

where should the default install of the AAX goto.  Also where should the FS2CREW install go.

Currently my FSX is installed to my I (SSD) drive   i:/Program Files/Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulator X/Aerosoft/Airbus extended

Darren Crosby

where should the default install of the AAX goto.  Also where should the FS2CREW install go.

Currently my FSX is installed to my I (SSD) drive   i:/Program Files/Microsoft games/Microsoft flight simulator X/Aerosoft/Airbus extended

When you installed FS2Crew and the Airbus, they should go in the default location selected by the installer.

Assuming your FSX registry entry is fine, the installer will auto select the FSX folder.

Try re-installing the Airibus (uninstall it first).

And let the Airbus install to the default location as selected by the installer.

Then install the Hot Fix that has the FS2Crew entry on the Configurator.

Cheers,

If you can please send us screenshot of your FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder or verify that you have 9 folders starting with "Aerosoft Airbus X" and that the missing folder "Aerosoft Airbus X A320 IAE NEO" is there. If not then you might need to re-install AAX using latest installer and then apply all hotfixes.

Ok. Try re-installing AAX. First like Bryan said remove it completely with Uninstaller and then manually confirm all Airbus X folders are gone from Sim Objects\Airplanes.

After this install it using latest installer if you have download version. Than see if you have more Airbus X folders ;)

The Configurator goes in this folder:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X\aerosoft\Airbus X Extended

In that screen shot, you're in the SimObjects folder.   Wrong folder :-)

Cheers,

No no Bryan. He was in a good folder :P Configurator was installed correctly as it's not using registry path to find FSX main folder but it's relation to it - so 2 folder up. If dwc3402 installed Configurator in wrong directory the error message about missing path would look completely different.

Back to the core problem. On my laptop where I have FSX and AAX I noticed that there indeed are only 6 folders of Airbus X while on my main FSX PC I have 8 of them. So either this is installation error or newer versions of AAX have more variants. Either way dwc3402 should completely re-install AAX using latest installer as the problem is not related to Configurator after all.

I have unistalled the AAX and FS2Crew and Configarator. I used CCcleaner to clean out the resistry.

I downloaded the latest version oof FS2crew from their website. Inc RASS Airvus locked version.

I installed the AAX from DVD v1.03b on disc. it installed into my FSX (i SSD drive)

I then installed FS2crew latest version into the FSX main folder (i SSD drive)

Ithen extracted the configarator into the main folder for AAX i/ Program files /Microsoft/ etc / Aerosoft /Airbus X Extended.

I am receiving the same error message. I dont know what to do now.

I do have PMDG 737 NGX and FS2crew NGX emergency installed ... all working great if that may effect things  .  I dont know ... Please can we sort asap.  

dwc3402 (Darren)

Darren Crosby

Ok. The problem is that you don't have all aircraft that are in the latest Airbus X package 1.10. Because you have DVD version you still use 1.03, but don't worry, you should be able to download latest installer from the store where you bought your DVD. If not then contact Aerosoft support for latest files.

Also please read carefully! Each HotFix is intended to be installed over latest download version which is 1.10. For HotFix017 this notice was omitted as it was getting pretty obvious by 17th HotFix :P

Another thing is that you should install all HotFixe's in their respective order.

Unfortunately because you are using version 1.03, which I am really amazed by cause 1.10 is so much better :lol: , Configurator will not work properly... You can cheat it by creating missing directories and inserting panel.cfg from other Airbus X aircraft but this is the hard way... Better just get latest installer and be happy ;)