Sign in to follow this  
captain420

PFPX and automated flight planning

I currently have FSCommander but am interested in getting PFPX. Can anyone here tell me if it's able to create a quick flight plan from point A to B in a minimal amount of time? I don't want to spend most of my time planning but flying instead. I plan on using it with PMDG's 777. I've been looking for a quick and pretty much automated process where I can enter departing airport and arriving airport, and let the program create the route for me, so all I'd have to do is load it up into my FMC and activate and fly it. 

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Yes it creates quick plans on the fly (and saves them). (Keep in mind I did not nor have I ever used FSC)

What used to take me 20/30 minutes of prep time (flight plan, SID/STAR, weather winds aloft and so on) is now done in 5 minutes with PFPX.

I would like to mention that the plans are not always realistic. For example it does not take winds and weather into account like they do in RW ops. It will usually find you the shortest route there even if it means sending you into the core CB's or strong head winds.

That being said it is quite easy to copy a flight plan from Flightaware.com (most N/A flights have current flight plans the real world operators are using at that current moment) and paste it in PFPX and generate a flight (with zero time spent messing around editing).

PFPX is a real time saver and is a true all in one package, that prints out a nice professional flight plan package for your flight. One of the best FS utilities I have ever purchased.

Cool, what about SID's and STAR's? Does it include those as well. I don't like when I choose a SID and it has a (vector) section in the route. Will it pick the correct one based on the runway I'm departing from and arriving to for STARs?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Cool, what about SID's and STAR's? Does it include those as well. I don't like when I choose a SID and it has a (vector) section in the route. Will it pick the correct one based on the runway I'm departing from and arriving to for STARs?

I am pretty sure it does but to be honest I still manually add my runway & SID/STAR into the box while at the gate.

PFPX is literally a click and go application.

Watch some of the tutorial videos and you will get an exact idea what it does and how you cannot live with out it...

http://www.flightsimsoft.com/pfpx/?p=tutorials

And this clip shows a step by step of how to do a flight>>>

http://youtu.be/jnLh5BoL8gI

Yes, it does.  However, if it is inserting a Vector into the flight plan than that means the real world SID/STAR also has a Vector to an initial fix; as a result of ATC.  If you don't want that particular SID/STAR with a Vector in it than you can choose your own.