Sign in to follow this  
Lindy1958

Direct-x Issue

First off, I'd like to say how impressed I am with the PMDG 777!  It was pretty darn easy transitioning to it, after flying all the other PMDG Boeings!  Thanks for that.

The SMALL issues I have are:

- When I use Direct-X in FSX, I lose a couple pieces of interior textures.  I have attached the differences for techie reivew.

- Also, related to FMS features, when I try to enter an ATC fix, such as FH515 (for an arrival into Hahn, Germany), I get an unrecognized fix message; essentially, I cannot use local fixes, like I can with the 737, MD-11, and 747.  Even Level-D and Q-Sim allow me to use these fixes.  But not the Tripple-7.  Be nice to have it back, if possible.

Thanks a bunch PMDG for getting this airplane out for us simmy guys!  As a retired ATC and commercial pilot, I really appreciate PMDG's realism and overall great products!  

Help or guidance with my issues would also be appreciated...not a biggy, just a few minor bumps in the road to progress!

Eric Faber

Which DX Version are you useing ? Which GPU are you useing and driver Version ?

DirectX 10

GPU = NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

Driver version = 9.18.13.1422

*** I've attached a Word doc file containing my system specs, if that helps.

Thank you!

EDF

DirectX 10

Turning off the DX10 preview solves this issue.  This is not unique to PMDG, either.  Many add-on sceneries also see this issue at night.

Kyle Rodgers

Help or guidance with my issues would also be appreciated...not a biggy, just a few minor bumps in the road to progress!

Hello Eric

If You want to keep using DX10, there seems to be a solution over at the DX10 Disscussions Forum.

PMDG 777 and DX10, you'll need to apply Steve's free shader patch v3.2.2. available at the AVSIM library,

or you can wait a bit for his payware DX10 Tool.

Cheers.

I have a problem with PMDG 777 200 OMDG 737 NGX works fine but pmdg 777 is all dark the flight displays only and everything is fine it workd before but now it dosent please help

I have a problem with PMDG 777 200 OMDG 737 NGX works fine but pmdg 777 is all dark the flight displays only and everything is fine it workd before but now it dosent and it is worst then now it crashes to the desktop please help

I have a problem with PMDG 777 200 PMDG 737 NGX works fine but pmdg 777 is all dark the flight displays only and everything is fine it workd before but now it dosent please help

I have a problem with PMDG 777 200 OMDG 737 NGX works fine but pmdg 777 is all dark the flight displays only and everything is fine it workd before but now it dosent and it is worst then now it crashes to the desktop please help

It means the 777 is not initializing because the security key is not working.

You either reinstalled Windows more than once and now your old key has become invalid (contact PMDG), or

You changed so much hardware that your PC looks different to the PMDG anti hacking software. Happened to me as well recently after I disconnected ALL my USB stuff and a bunch of HDDs. (go back to previous hardware setup), or

You have a hacked PMDG777 version (contact PMDG for an official version, lol).

Rob Robson