Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

Spawntanious CTD w/ Windoes .

Hello!

So I bought an IBUYPOWERPC desktop, and it arrived Thursday. I installed my add-ons, all if fine, runs (somewhat) like a dream. But there is a slight problem. I would be modifying a part of the flight, whether it's changing weather, airports, time, or plane, and it would be loading, then it would say "Flight Simulator X has stopped working" (we all know that message). But the sim. would be just fine! I could be taking off with great frames, all is calm, no major system thing going on, and it would give me that error message, and only give me the option to close the sim. All my drivers ARE UPDATED. I have all the SP's in FSX, this would happen w/ and w/out DirectX 10 on or off.

So if anyone is having the same problem, post it in chat, I want to get active on the forums more often, and if anyone has a fix that would be great!

-Thanks.  Dmitri S.

Computer Specs.

Manufacturer: iBUYPOWER Computers

Processor: AMD FX-8320 Eight-Core Processor   3.50 GHz   8Gb RAM

System type: 64Bit

Graphics: NVIDIA 650GTX

Memory: 1TB

Windows 8*, sorry about the spelling error on the title.

Graphics: NVIDIA 650GTX
Memory: 1TB

Your graphics card only has 1 or 2 GB's of RAM not 1TB (we won't see those with 1TB until 2041).  You may have a 1 TB HDD though.  Just because you have a fairly powerful system does not mean you can turn your FSX settings up to the max and go fly.  You can't unless you only have FSX/Acceleration installed with no addons.  I admit you can with just FSX installed though.  In order to provide a better analyzes of your crash(es), you need to download and run AppCrashView - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html and paste the results of the crash here.  This app interprets the Microsoft Crash Report (.wer).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Sorry, 1TB as in system memory (files I can store), I'm a computer part noob. I will look at the link you sent me, thanks!

Sorry, 1TB as in system memory (files I can store), I'm a computer part noob. I will look at the link you sent me, thanks!

Not a problem.  We have all been there.  I have learned some new information about crashes.  Were you trying to load a flight at a FS DreamTeam or FlightBeam owned airport?  If so, you probably should download and run the Addon Manager program on the FSDT website again.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Ok. Does any of this have to do with Windows 8? This never happened on my Windows 7 system.

Ok. Does any of this have to do with Windows 8? This never happened on my Windows 7 system.

Not sure what you are asking.  It happens on Windows 8 and Windows 7 systems.  If you own any FSDT scenery, download the latest Addon Manager and run it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Alright, I will definitely get the newer addon manager.

What I'm trying to ask is, me having Windows 8, will that cause the unexpected crash. I know it happens on ALL systems, addons/or none, but with windows 7, it would freeze then crash. On W8, it would just crash with no freeze. (as if intended)

Alright, I will definitely get the newer addon manager.

What I'm trying to ask is, me having Windows 8, will that cause the unexpected crash. I know it happens on ALL systems, addons/or none, but with windows 7, it would freeze then crash. On W8, it would just crash with no freeze. (as if intended)

I'm sorry I can't answer that question.  A lot of members here at AVSIM are using Windows 8 without any issues.  I have read where there are problems with the User Access Controls in Windows 8 and a bit more difficult to disable.  I do not have Windows 8 and do not plan to install it and will wait for the next iteration (if there is one).  In October, Microsoft is going to release an update to Windows 8 which will have most of the same functions as Windows 7 so there might be some hope coming soon.  Microsoft has to build more security into there Windows as just too many hackers are gaining access and destroying computer systems and a lot of people's personal files.  You might want to visit the AVSIM Windows 8 forum and look at some of the posts there.  You might find some tips on improving your setup as some people have had issues.

I have found one of the most troubling issue with Windows 7 and Windows 8 is sharing with the User having full access to required files.  This is why you should go to the main FSX folder and right click it and look to see if the folder is shared.  You need to have it shared with Everyone, not just you and your computer system.  Same goes with folders you might have located on another HDD. 

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thank you so much for the tips, I will talk to Windows about it.

ValleyDeer, on 10 Sept 2013 - 4:12 PM, said:

Windows 8*

There's your problem right there. Many users have reported problems with Windows 8. Better take Firehawk's advice, he'll often get things sorted.