Sign in to follow this  
N291JD

Rudder issues in flight.

Hey guys was hoping someone could have a fix or a suggestion for me with this issue I have been having. Just a pre cursor to this, this is the only plane and download that I have ever had this problem with. During every flight the rudder begins to start going to the left (you can see the rudder pedals in the cockpit slowly changing) even though the actual pedals I am using are centered. I go to calibrate the rudder pedals which works only for a little bit and then it begins to do it again. If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated!

Some additional info:

-I'm using the CH products pro-pedals

-auto-coordination is turned off

-This problem happens when autopilot is being used, when the yaw damper is being used without autopilot, or just when manually flying.

-No matter how many clicks of trim one way or the other the problem still exists with the left rudder being put in.

Thank you!

I was about to write about the FSX auto rudder option but you've already mentioned that it was off. :blush:

Have you tried posting over on the official forum? Seeing your signature, I'm sure you can handle the rudder so maybe something with the AP/YD mode is wrong, corrupted or is intercepted by another soft. I'd suggest to prepare some screenshots for the devs so that they can look into it.

I go to calibrate the rudder pedals which works only for a little bit and then it begins to do it again.

That's suspicious.  ^_^ Can you run one or two flights with the pedals disconnected and just using keyboard commands? I know, it's awkward but it would show how much of a problem the pedals themselves could be.

I haven't posted over in the official forums yet, but ii will give a flight a shot without the pedals and see how it goes! At least that might help narrow down some things