Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Replace my GTX480

Hello!

I opened a post on Hardware forum but no much help.

Now I have a Gigabyte GTX480 Soc on my PC, and I'm thinking about change it. In cloudy conditions a have problems, the graphics are slow instead of my i7 2600k at 4,6.

I'm thinking about buy the EVGA GTX770 2GB with ACX Cooler version...

Is a good option?

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk 2

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

That's a very good option!

If you can stretch to the 4GB model I would do that, but either would be nice.

I think there are not a 4GB version of this card.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

G'day

I recently upgraded to a Gigabyte GTX770, great card, but I believe, and I stand corrected by the experts...but to get optimum performance from it you will need to upgrade your cpu as well...the logic being that the 2600k is only PCIe rev 2.0 and therefore will only run the GPU at that speed, which, while being backward compatible, will not run the card to its optimum which is PCIe v3.0 (or double the speed of 2.0).

regards,

Russ.

Russell Shaw

will not run the card to its optimum which is PCIe v3.0 (or double the speed of 2.0).

Optimum yes, Essential no.

Difference in FPS between running pcie 3.0 vs 2.0 will be extremely minimal like in the vicinity of 1-2fps at most.

Definitely no need to go out an upgrade his CPU/motherboard etc.

If you're looking for the GTX 770, EVGA is the way to go. I say go out and grab one and enjoy your purchase :good:

Optimum yes, Essential no.

Difference in FPS between running pcie 3.0 vs 2.0 will be extremely minimal like in the vicinity of 1-2fps at most.

Definitely no need to go out an upgrade his CPU/motherboard etc.

If you're looking for the GTX 770, EVGA is the way to go. I say go out and grab one and enjoy your purchase :good:

Is the 4GB essential for FSX? Or 2GB is enough?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

The 2GB will do just fine, the 4GB may just help to smooth things out in some situations.

I had a 2GB GTX 680 which is basically the same as a GTX 770 but marginally slower and FSX ran brilliantly.

But if the 4GB fits in your budget then go for it.

You'll be happy either way.

Ok I'll buy the 2GB version so. Can I buy direct from EVGA from Spain?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

G'day

I recently upgraded to a Gigabyte GTX770, great card, but I believe, and I stand corrected by the experts...but to get optimum performance from it you will need to upgrade your cpu as well...the logic being that the 2600k is only PCIe rev 2.0 and therefore will only run the GPU at that speed, which, while being backward compatible, will not run the card to its optimum which is PCIe v3.0 (or double the speed of 2.0).

regards,

Russ.

Actually it doesnt affect much though. Maybe like 1 fps? or 0.5

IF you are running single gpu you will be fine. Dun waste money. I5 2500k is truely the best cpu for gaming 

But for sli or crossfire the best is change to a ivy as there are 2 gpu 

But in overall the user will be fine. Getting my msi 770 tf this week too 

Ok I'll buy the 2GB version so. Can I buy direct from EVGA from Spain?

Hola Jose (I'm from Spain too). I recently upgraded and I can tell you that upgrading Motherboard and CPU will give you greater results than upgrading that video card that you have which is not bad at all (It ends with an 80 after all). A new z87 motherboard with a 4770K will cost you even less than a GTX770 4Gb and you will see a greater improvement in fps and smoothness (more so if you couple it with an SSD). A 4770k at stock speeds would be faster than an overclocked 2600K.

I bought my new system in www.pccomponentes.com , they have the best prices I found (even for that 770GTX). I bought a Gigabyte z87x-ud5h and a 4770K and continued using my old GTX570. I'm getting around 30-40fps with the 777 at Simwings Mega Airport Madrid X.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Hola Jose (I'm from Spain too). I recently upgraded and I can tell you that upgrading Motherboard and CPU will give you greater results than upgrading that video card that you have which is not bad at all (It ends with an 80 after all). A new z87 motherboard with a 4770K will cost you even less than a GTX770 4Gb and you will see a greater improvement in fps and smoothness (more so if you couple it with an SSD). A 4770k at stock speeds would be faster than an overclocked 2600K.

I bought my new system in www.pccomponentes.com , they have the best prices I found (even for that 770GTX). I bought a Gigabyte z87x-ud5h and a 4770K and continued using my old GTX570. I'm getting around 30-40fps with the 777 at Simwings Mega Airport Madrid X.

Thanks you! I always buy in this shop, but I find the EVGA 770 ACX at a price of 300 euros. 60-70 less than PCComponentes.

I think I can with my 2600k at 4,6Ghz more time. Is a very good processor.

What about overclock the 4770k? Is easy?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

What about overclock the 4770k? Is easy?

For me it has been much easier overclocking the I7-4770K( 47x100)  than on my old i7-950@4,2 (21x200) dispite the temp is about 10-15c higher but this is normal with the 4th generation so i have heard (something about the back glue on the backside of the ihs)

I have a 35-40% improvement  :P

Ok tanks

But if you see my system details here, I think I don't need to upgrade my processor.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Processor should be good. I have a i52500k 4.5ghz not complaining at all.

A i5 is doing just well. HT wun help you at gaming. Am buying the same gpu as you too in the next few days! 
From a sandy cpu view, i see no point upgrading the CPU any more in fact his is OC.

But dude if your gtx 480 is performing well on FSX and you are upgrading for only FSX you might want to reconsider.

I upgrade mine because for the upcoming game. my 7850 barely got me fps60 on LOW on crysis 3

You might want to refer to here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418202-fps-what-fps-do-you-get/page-11 this guy got the GTX680 which is abit less performance than the GTX770 ( 10~20% ) 
Their nvidia set up can be found there too. Good luck for you and me . Finger cross i hope to see 40fps in my fsx 

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/586/Intel_Core_i5_i5-4670K_vs_Intel_Core_i7_i7-4770K.html For the little bit of performace gain i suggest you gain like a ssd to speed up the process of loading fsx it took quite long for me when am on hdd