Sign in to follow this  
jose88

Replace my GTX480

Ok tanks

But if you see my system details here, I think I don't need to upgrade my processor.

Enviado desde mi iPhone 5 con Tapatalk 2

It is not that you NEED to upgrade the processor. It's just that, if you are expecting to see a huge improvement by upgrading your GPU, you will be dissapointed. It is widely known that FSX is a CPU dependant program. A CPU upgrade has a hugely greater effect on performance than a GPU upgrade per money spent.

After changing your graphics card you will only gain about 4 or 5 FPS and won't see bigger advantages unless you run triple screens at really high resolutions. Changing that CPU for a 4770K would probably give you a 15 or 20 fps increase on heavy payware scenery. I have made that mistake before and Flight Simulator has been the motor of my computer upgrades for the last decade or more. It sucks to spend 400 Euro on a new GPU to find out that FSX doesn't appreciate the money you spent.

Basic overclocking of the 4770K is very easy. A good basic overclock is set the multiplier to 45x for 4.5Ghz and then increase the voltage to somewhere around 1,2v and 1,25v. After that, you tweak RAM a little for stability and try to bring cache speed as close as possible to the core speed. That'll give you max temps of about 75º on air under normal application's full load.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

It is not that you NEED to upgrade the processor. It's just that, if you are expecting to see a huge improvement by upgrading your GPU, you will be dissapointed. It is widely known that FSX is a CPU dependant program. A CPU upgrade has a hugely greater effect on performance than a GPU upgrade per money spent.

After changing your graphics card you will only gain about 4 or 5 FPS and won't see bigger advantages unless you run triple screens at really high resolutions. Changing that CPU for a 4770K would probably give you a 15 or 20 fps increase on heavy payware scenery. I have made that mistake before and Flight Simulator has been the motor of my computer upgrades for the last decade or more. It sucks to spend 400 Euro on a new GPU to find out that FSX doesn't appreciate the money you spent.

Basic overclocking of the 4770K is very easy. A good basic overclock is set the multiplier to 45x for 4.5Ghz and then increase the voltage to somewhere around 1,2v and 1,25v. After that, you tweak RAM a little for stability and try to bring cache speed as close as possible to the core speed. That'll give you max temps of about 75º on air under normal application's full load.

Yes I know but seriously I think the change from a 2600k to Haswell is a waste of money... 2600k is a very good processor for OC and today it's a very good CPU.

I think I need a GPU upgrade, in some FSX conditions...

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Ok ...

I'm starting from zero.

Deleted fsx.cfg and renewed it. Now tweaks on it.

What setting do you recommend me for Nvidia Inspector? I see too diferents setups here, but not sure what i can use ... 1/2 vsync? No?

i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz

8GB RAM

GTX480 SOC

SSD Vertex 4

EDIT: Suddenly i have noticed that my FSX takes too much time when loading a flight. Why? I have SSD.

PD: I'm thinking about returning to Win7 x64 and install all FSX from zero! But Win8 x64 runs so good in my system.

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Ok ...

I'm starting from zero.

Deleted fsx.cfg and renewed it. Now tweaks on it.

What setting do you recommend me for Nvidia Inspector? I see too diferents setups here, but not sure what i can use ... 1/2 vsync? No?

i7 2600k @ 4,6Ghz

8GB RAM

GTX480 SOC

SSD Vertex 4

EDIT: Suddenly i have noticed that my FSX takes too much time when loading a flight. Why? I have SSD.

PD: I'm thinking about returning to Win7 x64 and install all FSX from zero! But Win8 x64 runs so good in my system.

Is Hyperthreading enabled Jose?

Post a screenshot of your Inspector settings. Are you running 4xSGSS by any chance?

Is Hyperthreading enabled Jose?

Post a screenshot of your Inspector settings. Are you running 4xSGSS by any chance?

HT is off. My OC is good. It runs FSX well months ago.

My inspector settings now is testing and testing. Can talk with you tomorrow via Gtalk?

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Can talk with you tomorrow via Gtalk?

Yeah sure. I'll be available from 6:30 pm. Just drop me a message even if I look to be offline

Yeah sure. I'll be available from 6:30 pm. Just drop me a message even if I look to be offline

Thanks ;)

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Jose, the one thing that is going to give you the most pleasure is the lack of noise, I had the 480 before and replaced it with a 680.

Awesome antialias and cloud performance with the new card, but the best thing was the silence, the 480 is a noisy piece of kit :)

23.png

Jose, the one thing that is going to give you the most pleasure is the lack of noise, I had the 480 before and replaced it with a 680.

Awesome antialias and cloud performance with the new card, but the best thing was the silence, the 480 is a noisy piece of kit :)

I'm selling my 480 in eBay. When sell it, I'll buy the 770 I think

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

José, absolutely no need to upgrade your CPU.

Sure a 4770K is better but 2600K is still a beast.

Example: I had a 4600K at 4.9Ghz. Now I have a 4770K at 4.5Ghz. The Haswell 4770K runs FSX better than my 2600K sure, but that CPU of yours will do just fine. Don't upgrade your CPU unless you want to.

Maybe try overclocking a bit more if you can to give you extra performance if you like.

Otherwise enjoy the GTX 770 when it arrives and let us know how you find your results!

José, absolutely no need to upgrade your CPU.

Sure a 4770K is better but 2600K is still a beast.

Example: I had a 4600K at 4.9Ghz. Now I have a 4770K at 4.5Ghz. The Haswell 4770K runs FSX better than my 2600K sure, but that CPU of yours will do just fine. Don't upgrade your CPU unless you want to.

Maybe try overclocking a bit more if you can to give you extra performance if you like.

Otherwise enjoy the GTX 770 when it arrives and let us know how you find your results!

My 2600k batch is the worst I think and is difficult to pass the 4,6 line with it. I have a Noctua NH-D14 but the batch is bad. But with 4,6 FSX can run very well I think.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Jose,

I have the 2600K also. I'm also using the NH-D14. I can overclock to 4.8 GHZ but I run it at 4.6. I didn't see any major difference in FSX performance btween 4.6 and 4.8.

NAX669.png

My 2600k batch is the worst I think and is difficult to pass the 4,6 line with it. I have a Noctua NH-D14 but the batch is bad. But with 4,6 FSX can run very well I think.

Run at 4,6Ghz and be happy. It will run everything very nicely.

The new video card should definitely help smooth things out in a lot of scenarios.

Don't replace your CPU, your making a mistake, I have I5-2500K and it performs very good! You need a better GPU to help you render texture for clouds and scenery to have good FPS. You will see the difference when you will upgrade. 

Regards, Albert Miu
                                                            CPU: Intel i7 4790k @4.6Ghz GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 8GB OC Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VI Hero RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866mhz 
                                               PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G2 Case: Corsair VENGEANCE C70 Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H110 Monitor: BENQ 1920x1080 Windows: 10 x64 Professional

X-Plane 11 Group:     Facebook

Ok thanks for all the responses!

Finally I'll buy the 770 in a week or so when I come back from a small holidays.

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg