Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Angle of Attack now charging subscription fees to download videos

So with the launch of their new website they have decided to also charge a subscription fee if you want to download videos vs streaming.

Are you kidding me? I bought the captain package (last year!) under the assumption you could download videos with no additional charges. One year late and I still can't download all the videos, and now this...

Capture.jpg

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

This is exactly the reason I didn't buy in on that deal of online only. Once they stopped selling hard copies (I owned DVD's of 744 and 767) I stopped buying...

They are charging quite a bit especially considering that you get the same exact information from the manuals themselves but I guess their program is good for the visual learners out there.

This is exactly the reason I didn't buy in on that deal of online only. Once they stopped selling hard copies (I owned DVD's of 744 and 767) I stopped buying...

Me too. I bought the 767 DVD back in '08 when I first bough the LDS 767 and really got a lot out of the video and it was a good deal at the time. Once I found out that they stopped selling comprehensive DVD's like they did for the 767 I became uninterested and haven't bought any of their other products.

These days, between all the documentation that comes with PMDG's a/c, their tutorials, and stuff you can find on youtube, I have about all the info I need to fly the planes I have without paying for it. 

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I'm just not happy there is a policy change without even telling any of their customers.

Some of their videos have been able to be streamed and not downloable for months. They have told us to wait until the new website comes out to download the videos. They didn't mention a price.

Ridiculous. I was considering purchasing the 777 AoA series, but will no longer put down money with this company. I would like my money back because the whole reason for purchasing the 737 series was so I can download and watch it offline. 

I got tired of waiting and downloaded the streaming videos so, even though not HD i can clearly follow them. I manage to get them all.

Funny goings on over there. The 737 package was launched with great fanfare and then petered out...

I'm a bit confused (who knew?!). I don't own the product so apologies for asking stupid things, but are you allowed to initially download lets say all the videos from the package you've bought? Where 'download' means that you can watch them on your PC or tablet or something as often as you want.

A streaming solution where I would be dependant on the service being available and also would create traffic every time I wanted to watch my stuff never was of interest to me, hence my question. :mellow:

I have downloaded almost all of the videos, with exception of perhaps anything after Flight #4.  This is unethical in my opinion for people that purchased this package at the beginning....I have no issue with the change on new purchases.  I put down something like $80 on day one, waited a year for the first flight and now this?  The whole thing has put me off even considering the 777 package even though I am sure it is pretty good.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I spoke to Chrisat AOA today they are sorting it out if you bought the original package you can download all the videos. They are in the final stages of setting up the new website I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Never going to purchase another product from those guys again. The 737 training debacle was pretty much the end for me, but now charging for me to download the videos for the package I paid $80 for?

Never again.

Hmmm I was thinking of signing up for 737 groundwork but if you have to subscribe just to download what's the point?

I was going to watch them offline during my daily commute.

I spoke to Chrisat AOA today they are sorting it out if you bought the original package you can download all the videos. They are in the final stages of setting up the new website I believe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Lets hope so, they should sort out this business *before* they launch a new website! 

I bought the NGX stuff from them (forget which one), and I'll NEVER buy any of AoA's crap again. I don't know why I thought a lesson from someone how doesn't fly the thing in real life would be better than a youtube  video of someone that does.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom