Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Angle of Attack now charging subscription fees to download videos

You guys may want to reconsider talking about the "free streaming downloads", as if you are downloading copyright content that is highly illegal.

Why? The content was advertised as part of a package for which I have a receipt. Are you implying stealing?

Cash on the barrel head with in this case, a gentleman's word to deliver. Where is the breach?

I've always saved receipts and emails in ******form to my computer, ask me for the pages on the day I bought it, and I can give it to you, all the way thru' the transaction process.

Has anyone been able to download any videos using the  coupon code provided in the AoA e-mail?

Clicking in the links provided we are sent to an order form requesting credit card information - even they don´t charge it I am not putting - again- my CC info! .

Also, in my case I cannot login in the AoA as usual and when I insert my login details in the order form it claims my e-mail has already been used  by a customer (me, of course!) .

What a mess!  

Edmundo Azevedo

My personal details arent even on there anymore when I log in.

It won't let me cancel my account either. Just takes me to the cancel page but with no options.

Fortunately I have all the 737 videos released. The flightwork I had to download from streaming but I still have them all.

Not bothering with the 777 or anything else. I will stick to the manuals and youtube.

What a mess!

Yes, it has been that from the start of 737 NGX training.

I don't care anymore, they can keep their downloads etc. No CC info from here too.

I also had AviatorPro subscription and yesterday I asked to cancel subscription. They did it immeatedly even I should have 10 days or so subscription time left. :Applause:

Throttle on AoA, throttle on...

-Kimmo Leskinen

I'm done with aoa, dont have enough space on my hdd for all the videos i have paid for

Has anyone been able to download any videos using the  coupon code provided in the AoA e-mail?

Clicking in the links provided we are sent to an order form requesting credit card information - even they don´t charge it I am not putting - again- my CC info! .

Also, in my case I cannot login in the AoA as usual and when I insert my login details in the order form it claims my e-mail has already been used  by a customer (me, of course!) .

What a mess!  

No you do not need CC info. Just put in the coupon code, click apply coupon and then submit order. It works. Tried this morning.

Zicheng Cai

Thanks Zicheng. I was able to donwload Flight 4 of Linework but not flights 5 and 6. Anyone got them?

Edmundo Azevedo

It's not a good move.  I purchased the captains set for the 737; by the time most of the videos were released i had already been flying quite successfully for a year.

I'm sorry to say, never again.  I'll use the manuals and Youtube for any future releases.

Ian R Tyldesley

Guess it will be a slideshow if the servers have too many on at one time.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

So I have 2 days to download ALL my movies with my 1.2mb Internet. FAIL!! I'm never buying anything from these guys again.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Should Avsim start another Hall of Shame for developers who pull stunts like this?

So glad I never became an AoA customer and very sorry for those that did.

Seriously, I wonder if we haven't reached the point where this hobby needs an equivalent of the Better Business Bureau and sets standards for companies wishing to sell their products to us?

Incomplete products on release/poor service - we can all think of instances when that has happened to us.

Im guessing the problem could be that the initial sales of the NGX training brought in a load of cash which was used to expand the development team/tools/server hardware etc but by the time they started releasing the videos, which was quite sometime later, the bandwidth usage went up along with the running costs. As most of the cash from the initial sales had been used there wasn't much left to fund the bandwidth and server costs etc which is where we are now.

Only a guess here not based on anything apart from my own opinion.

No you do not need CC info. Just put in the coupon code, click apply coupon and then submit order. It works. Tried this morning.

I was concerned about the CC. I received the email this morning but I will be off to th V.A. for the rest of the day and a part of tomorrow, so for me this part, "This coupon is only live for 2 Days", will make it close.

I think Chris tries very hard to run his business and even though I'v been annoyed for some time now, I do remember that sometimes we need to encourage, even when disappointed. I will consider the The 777 package.

I was concerned about the CC. I received the email this morning but I will be off to th V.A. for the rest of the day and a part of tomorrow, so for me this part, "This coupon is only live for 2 Days", will make it close.

I think Chris tries very hard to run his business and even though I'v been annoyed for some time now, I do remember that sometimes we need to encourage, even when disappointed. I will consider the The 777 package.

My last comments on this, as I am not an AoA customer, thank God, but surely if anyone should be cutting more slack it's Chris with his two day live ticket thing. Perhaps he would care to come on here as he has in the past and defend himself, because at face value that offer is hardly fair to those with slow connections.