Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

Paintkit Help Required

Hey guys,

So I've started painting my Lufthansa liveries on the 777 and I'm having some really annoying issues with the paintkit.

First I tried my hand at painting an ANA livery and it all went well until I had to curve the stripes and the grey base at the edges of the airframe, the same is valid with Lufthansa for the grey base and the alignment of both sides. I'm completely lost because I'm not seeing any reference at all to match my paint on the other side.

I remember the NGX paintkit having a guide layer for things like this, but the 777 kit has none and I am absolutely unable to guess how to curve, where to cut etc etc.

How do you pro painters do it?

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Take a look at the FedEx paint, it will show you how to round off the grey on the fuselage belly.

Just looked at it and it's just like on the official LH paint. I just don't see how you guess out these things because they look perfectly calculated and I have no idea how to do it.

Is it trial and error or am I missing something? The NGX had this rainbow colored layer that showed how to properly align this, I wonder why it's not here.

:wacko:

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

It's all about trial and error. You could always make your own rainbow layer.

Gah, this means that I'm going to struggle for quite some time! I'll do my best!

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Ioan, could you also make a Lufthansa Cargo Livery ? As you know LHC receives her first 777F this or next month :wub:

There are already a few paints with waterline out there.  I'd suggest collecting and superimposing them all.  That will give you a good place to start your own curvature.

Mike Huang

Ioan, could you also make a Lufthansa Cargo Livery ? As you know LHC receives her first 777F this or next month :wub:

Yeah I'm trying to make a Lufthansa bundle, both cargo and pax all with space based themes (I'm pretty sure they'll vote for that).

Good Idea MH, I'll try to superimpose with the original LH, you just gave me an idea. Unfortunately this also means that for me to create an ANA livery, someone needs to make one first so I can see how the matching is done as I tried it myself and all I got was a raging headache because it looks so random and "shoot in the dark"-y. I like to do things right on the first time. :)

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Ioan, could you also make a Lufthansa Cargo Livery ? As you know LHC receives her first 777F this or next month

Available in OPS center FWIW.

Well, I'm making progress but it's insanely hard, slow and very hit and miss. The fact that the other side isn't synchronized really doesn't help at all.

gah :lol:

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Yeah John, I totally agree :(

Well, I'm making progress but it's insanely hard, slow and very hit and miss. The fact that the other side isn't synchronized really doesn't help at all.

gah :lol:

I am trying to do a CP Air paint for the 777 and I do not know where to start, really.  I did a great paint for the LevelD 767, in CP Air colours, but the paintkit was so easy to work with.  I just don't have the knowledge or ability in Photoshop to do the PMDG 777ER.

And I don't see any tutorials to make it easier.

But without that synchonised side, it is too hard for me.  Had the same issues trying to do the Majestic Q400.  Very frustrating :(

Bruce Wood

Can anyone experiened in paintin the 777ER, tell me an easy way to paint the CP Air livery, where the line goes all around the plane?!

I have basically completed the paint, but there must be some photoshop "trick" to align the top front and bottom back??

Bruce

Bruce Wood