Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Views creeping forward

Have VC views defined for the new T7. Both the ones with and without DHM have a tendency to "creep" forward. By the time a flight is done and I come to a full stop they do not come back to their starting position but end up slightly forward. Is there a fix for this little nuisance ?

Don't think this is anything to do with Opus camera views. Have you tried reselecting the Default view using the assigned button or key.

Stephen

Hello.  This sounds like a similar problem to this: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418404-pmdg-777-ezdok/

I've tried both ezdok and opus cameras, but they both have the same issue.  I'm not saying the problem is with that software, as it is apparently an fsx problem that can't really be fixed.  I do find it incredibly annoying.

It might be worth noting, though, that I've only noticed the problem since my Track IR unit broke, so perhaps the Track IR centring pops the view back to the initial position.  I can't confirm this until I get my replacement Track IR system, though, sorry.

Tim

I have disabled TrackIR in the Opus settings...But yes, it seems like a known issue.

It appears to be an FSX problem which occurs randomly. When it does happen you can use the LCC controls to make an adjustment for the current flight.

Cheryl

It appears to be an FSX problem which occurs randomly. When it does happen you can use the LCC controls to make an adjustment for the current flight.

Cheryl

Acceptable enough. Thanks

Does it happen on all aircraft. I've noticed FSX altering or offsetting the axis of the aircraft in certain parts of the world. I've always just tweaked the view with Live Camera Control, like shifting my seat position, never really found any pattern into what FSX is doing.

Stephen :-)

Just started using the feature on the PMDG T7. Don't know about other aircraft.

I have only noticed what I mentioned above and then use the LCC to tweak the view to bring the HUD view nice and central on the 737NGX. But this only seems to happen when I move the NGX from one location to another. It appears that FSX changes the aircraft eye point axis slightly, which is the reference point or axes in which all eye point offsets are measured against. As I say it rarely happens and only at certain locations, so I just move my eye point over a fraction. I have never found any pattern to it and I believe it has been a known anomaly in FSX since it was released. LCC is quite useful and easy to use though and soon it will be a lot easier when we complete the GamePad interface.

Stephen :-)

Cheryl

Tried it...but using LCC does not change the view for the duration of the flight. If I switch views and come back to one where I used LCC the changes will be gone.

Makes me think LCC has no really useful function...

Am I missing something ?

If you reselect the view using the assigned button or key sequence then LC does what you ask it and reselects and displays the camera view setting the eye point that was configured. So yes you will have to use LCC to make a quick adjustment.

LCC is a temporary offset or adjustment that is remembered for that view mode but does not create a perminent offset to all VC camera views that are reselected for display. If you tell LC to select and display a view is does what you command. We will soon add a GamePad interface for LCC.

Stephen

LCC is meant to allow you to make temporary adjustments to the eye position, you are NOT editing your camera views, only making a temporary adjustment.

LCC is intended to replace the use of the FSX eye point (seat) adjustment keys which will not be coordinated with cameras views, DHM, or TrackIR.

LCC also allows users to move about the cockpit or even walk or fly around the aircraft.

Many users already find it very useful indeed, they will find it even more simple to use and useful when the 6 axis GamePad interface is released.

Stephen

I believe if you use the S and Shift-S key sequences to change view mode then when you return to the VC view your current LCC camera offset will be preserved.

Stephen

If I remember, in the T7 introduction manual, it's mentions this issue. Microsoft made this bizarre head movement based, not of G forces or bumps, but of your compass heading  :huh:  So as you turn the plane in a 360, your head position should technically be in the exact position as at the start. Weird!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

Is there any way to use LCC in full-screen mode eg. build it into a window ?

I find it a pain to switch between full-screen and windowed mode in FSX . . .

You can assign buttons and keys to the LCC functions, see the Shortcuts dialog. You will soon be able to plug in a GamePad device and have full 6 axis control at your fingertips, you can use a GamePad already and use the buttons. So there is no need to come out of full screen mode. You will find details in our general user guide. I have assigned shift+ctrl keys to the functions (as shown in the guide) along with GamePad buttons (something you can do now). I use a Sony PS3 GamePad and find it very easy to tweak the views.

I also know how I can allow the LCC, with or without a GamePad controller device, to assign temporary offsets to each camera view. I could introduce a 'Set' LCC function which will assign and associate your current LCC offset to the current LC camera view. That way when you reselect the camera view the software could reload the assigned offsets automatically. Of course, with the same view on display, you would use the 'Reset' LCC function or command to reset the offsets back to zero. This could also be done easily using the Sony PS3 GamePad. Could have done without the above comment though.

Stephen