Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Views creeping forward

Are the temporary offsets available to us ? Can they be used in full-screen ?

Can you quickly either describe what needs to be done or point me to a page in the documentation ?

Thanks

Yes, you just need to open the Shortcuts dialog and select the Live Camera Control option which then displays the dialog allowing buttons and keys to be assigned to the LCC functions. If you check our General User Guide, see our web site, you will see typical assignments.

Stephen

http://www.opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/opusfsx_user2.htm#shortcut

Tried using the shortcuts. They do not stick. How do assign offsets that "stick" ?

You assign shotcuts and click on the OK buttons each time to exit the dialog, that will create an FSXSERVER.CMD file with them saved in.

Stephen

Yes, I can see FSXSERVER.CMD with keystrokes listed. But once I exit out of that view the settings are lost. What is the name of the file that supposedly has the offsets ?

What offsets, there are none stored in a file. The shortcuts saves your assigned shortcut button and key commands. My shortcut command assignments are always saved and preserved in my FSXSERVER.CMD file, and nobody else has reported anything wrong with their shortcut commands, and thousands of people are using them all the time !

If you are referring to your configured camera views they are stored in the FSXSERVER.CAM file.

Why don't you wait for the next beta just being posted now. See the SimForum Announcements in about 5 minutes.

Stephen

Please Note ...

I mentioned that I could include camera offsets above, quite clearly, so please have a little patience with a little less agressiveness in your posts.

I have now posted a new Beta (see SimForum Announcements) for you and other 777 users to try. I have now provided a means to temporarily assign the current LCC offsets to the currently displayed camera view. Make sure you read the Announcements.

Stephen

I'm wondering if the 'creeping effect' has anything to do with lat/lon not being rounded. I noticed recently that when I was calculating distance that an aircraft had travelled during taxi that when sat stationary the distance would increase by a few millimetres when my sub routine was called every few seconds. I cured this by rounding the decimal to 5 places before calculating the current position read relative to previous position read.Maybe if this value is attached to a camera or other external view type which is tied to lat/lon of the aircraft then that would, in theory, move the camera position over time.

Just an observation. Took me a while to solve but my taxi distance only increases when I move and not when stationary.

The eyepoint is relative to the aircraft axis. We are working to get around this FSX bug but in the meantime you can use our LCC to temporarily tweek the eyepoint for your view.

My experience is that it creeps based on heading....if you slew on the spot you will see it happen. When you do a full circle it comes back to where you started from.