Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Strange, scary and disturbing behaviour

I experienced this behaviour that seems really strange and scary, yet I don't know where to even start troubleshooting!

Basically everytime for some random reason my flight controls (running on USB and USB power) would blink quickly off and on.  After that, the 777's AP disengaged, FMC fuel says 0 while fuel gauge on EFIS still has sufficient quantity in it.  OVRD Equipment Cooling failed (I toggled on/off to fix it), but now EFIS showing white message APU RUNNING when the APU switch is off.  Also the FO side QNH disagrees, FMC revert back to Single FMC Operations.

All these seems really odd to me, and the aircraft still seems to be operating normally except for the FMC, although have the route still programmed and tracking, all the other calculations (OPT ALT, destination fuel etc are all out of whack).

Anyone can shed some light on this?  This is the second time that has happened, not sure what's going on and how to fix it???

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Little update:

When that happened, I went in to STAT page to check on the APU status, and it was certainly idling (100RPM etc).  Checked in FMC's PERF setup, the loaded fuel reads 0 with CALC next to it.  So I took a reading off the fuel gauge and insert it into that slot, now it reads the correct amount with MANUAL next to it.

Brendan Chen

Make sure you don't load the T7 over itself (e.g. changing liveries). This has been said to mess the things up... A sim reload is recommended if you want to fly different livery.

Also check your saved flight (if you are loading one) is not messed up due the above reason.

Last but not least, go through the intro PDF. A lot "oddities" are explained there, and the are usually user related.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Yea I've read through the intro pdf a few times now, some fixes for these oddies still didn't work for me (like the bounce), but none describes what I experienced (that I can find)...

Brendan Chen

If your 777 still acts "funny", it would mean you have a problem hidden deep inside the FSX...

I lived with FSX long enough, to realize that the only thing preventing the sim to act like a lunatic is to perform regular checks in certain folders/files/modules. A good maintenance is critical simply because there are addons that mess up everything without you realizing it. Anytime you install something, you need to know where it's going and what changes to the FSX core are done. Often the addons you remove leave tons of rubbish code/files and your end up reinstalling the whole FSX just to get it running.

So, in your quest of finding what is messing up your plane I might suggest you clean your FSX from all the rubbish first.

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931