Sign in to follow this  
Tamadeez

777-200 vs LR

Hi. I was looking on wiki and it says the 777 200LR has almost a 100ton MTOW advantage over the original 200. And it even has a 50ton MTOW adv over the 200ER. Anyone know how this is possible. And what this means for airlines?

Tamati

I would assume, that it's due to the larger fuel capacity? I could be wrong though... As there's a lot of extremely intelligent and clever people in here, someone hopefully will clarify  ^_^ (<-- and NO - that wasn't sarcasm)

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Power I would think. Looking at the 200(ER) you have about 76/77k lbf thrust, but with the LR 110/115 (note this power is PER engine! So you'd gain a total of 68k lbf if you compare twin 76k to 110k).

The 777-200s carry less fuel and have a shorter range. Their engines are in the 77K range. The 200ERs carry more fuel and have a longer range. Their engines are in the 84K-94K range. The 200LRs carry the most fuel and have the longest range, and indeed this plane holds the world record for non-stop no-refueling passenger aircraft flight (Hong Kong to London flying eastbound). Most of them are in the 110K range, a few are 115K. The 300s & 300ERs hold significantly more payload than the 200s. I don't recall the -300 engine thrust off hand, but the 300ERs are 115K.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2