Sign in to follow this  
Baikal

PMDG,please, change some in EFIS knob logic

777 is great product - i love all of 777 you realized! Thank you,PMDG!

But 1 BIG troble we have- logic of EFIS knobs. Especially in air turbulence in VC.

All is ok, BUT we dont need to use right mouse button at all!

We need only Left button for change knob direction. ( speed logic seems to be ok,but just make a some wider range?)

Real decision ,that  we need ,is more simple, IMHO.

Imagine  this: click LMB and drag to right- values going incremented. 

Click LMB and drag to left- values going decremented.

Click and drag to left than right- values going down and up.

Its a more simple and intuitive than this moment realized- to change direction of values now we need  re- click on touch zone , and then change a mouse button too ! Its wrong thing!

But for 1 step ink-dec we still need a Right mouse button too )

Logic of IN-HPA switch is OK now

Is it possible to do ?

PMDG,please!

Sorry mate, but speak for yourself (as in "I need", not "we need")...

I'm perfectly fine with the logic of all knobs and switches as is..

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I'm perfectly fine with the logic of all knobs and switches as is..Ok

Ok mate.)  This is only my bad English result )  In such cases i was must to say " Pilot" )  

Sure- all i said is my own IMHO  )

I'm perfectly fine with the logic of all knobs and switches as is..

Yip, .. I'm more than happy with the way Knobbies etc., work at the moment.

Cheers

Tom

You know you can use the mouse scroll instead of the L/RMB

The Baro switch you cannot. Ryan stated that option was removed for the T7. You notice it when you have to do high altitude airport. 1000+ clicks of the right mouse button is not fun. This is the only irritation I have.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Perfectly happy with current implementation. If you need a big change: click, hold and drag away. Enjoy the numbers rolling away.

Correction to my first post-  resume- may be we need OR logic flag for mouse buttons in drag left- right process? Summary- if press LMB in zone (not for drag)- decriment 1 point -as result.Right mouse button pressed in zone- increment 1 point - as result.  BUT when we PRESS AND DRAG - we can move to left and right side to have speed changing of values by pressing ANY mouse key .

Thank you all for patience )   

if you need to make a massive barro change why dont you click then drag all the way to the side you want then it makes bigger changes instead of clicking for each change you need?

Stewart Cumbers

if you need to make a massive barro change why dont you click then drag all the way to the side you want then it makes bigger changes instead of clicking for each change you need?

Agreed, and the further left/right you drag the faster the numbers change. IMHO its faster than rolling the middle mouse button!

Rob

Robin Harris

Will try that, thanks guy's. Learn something everyday :lol:

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Agreed, and the further left/right you drag the faster the numbers change. IMHO its faster than rolling the middle mouse button!

Wrong. The longer you keep the mouse button down the faster the numbers change (as it happens in the real plane). Dragging further left/right has no effect, Dragging is only used to initiate a toggle between the slow and fast rate detents.

In each detent you have further acceleration the longer you kepp the mouse button down.

Michael Frantzeskakis
Precision Manuals Development Group
http://www.precisionmanuals.com

devteam.jpg

Wrong. The longer you keep the mouse button down the faster the numbers change (as it happens in the real plane). Dragging further left/right has no effect, Dragging is only used to initiate a toggle between the slow and fast rate detents.

Thanks Michael for putting me right on this one. More subtle than I thought, obviously dragging further to the left I was also holding the button down longer, so mixed up the effects. Looks like a second, slower reading of the manual is on order for me to pick up these subtleties!

Rob

Robin Harris

PMDG,please!

PMDG has stated that they modeled the baro and minimums knobs that way because that is how they function in the real aircraft. I highly doubt this will be changed to satisfy a few.

Ben Weaver

SWA8485