Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Any New Swedish Scenery on the Horizon ?

Hi all

As a regular visit to Sweden for both business and pleasure, I regularly fly in and out a couple of Stockholm's smaller airports, namely, Skavsta and Vasteras.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any new Swedish scenery that may be coming up on the horizon.

Although neither of the above are particularly interesting airports per se, their approaches are absolutely beautiful from the air, particularly during late winter afternoons.

Like Norway, Sweden is a stunningly beautiful country, but apart from Aerosoft's long in the tooth Arlanda, I know of no other native FSX airports ?

Regards

Gary

Totally agree Gary.     Sweden is criminally neglected in FSX!  

With Norway we now have Aerosoft Oslo, Trondheim and Stanvanger, and the superb Cloud 9 Bergen..... but Sweden has fallen far behind. 

I'm not aware of any native FSX products aside from Aerosoft Arlanda, but here's hoping that will change soon.

Some may remember you could once get a dozen of so Swedish airports for FS8/FS9, via the Aerosoft "Scandinavian Airports" bundle.... but those are long in the tooth now.

What we really need is a FlyTampa Malmo...  :smile:

I'm still hoping OrbX will eventually do Sweden. Southern Norway is coming this year, then maybe they'll move east to Sweden..However they will probably first do central and northern Norway. then maybe Switzerland and Germany... and France..and Spain..and Finland   :Cry:

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

FlyTampa Malmo

Heeeeeeeeeeell yeah!

A perfect medium sized airport for all types of flight!

/Rob

There was a great freeware project in the works by Lennart Arvidsson, but it was sadly shelved. But, a new one is in the works that will be based on FTX Global. That means we will get accurat roads, coastlines, landmarks and airports as freeware, but you will need FTX Global installed to use it.

Work in progress can be seen here: http://www.flightsim.se/forum/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=4475&an=0&page=0#Post4475

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Totally agree Gary.     Sweden is criminally neglected in FSX!  

With Norway we now have Aerosoft Oslo, Trondheim and Stanvanger, and the superb Cloud 9 Bergen..... but Sweden has fallen far behind. 

I'm not aware of any native FSX products aside from Aerosoft Arlanda, but here's hoping that will change soon.

Some may remember you could once get a dozen of so Swedish airports for FS8/FS9, via the Aerosoft "Scandinavian Airports" bundle.... but those are long in the tooth now.

What we really need is a FlyTampa Malmo...   :smile:

I totaly agree with You Q400!, I was born/grew up near Bromma (ESSB) so I have spent most of freetime as youth (and for sure even today!) hanging around Bromma... watching those Metropilotan, Viscount and Fokkers!.. AHHH those wore the days! What about if A2A could make a Convair Metropolitan!!! How about that? I can dream at least...

My dream? like said before in this thread, FTX Sweden, Stockholm and superdetaild areas near ESSB!

Cheers!