Sign in to follow this  
nam1394

Trim Question

First, thanks for the great plane. I have never been so hooked to the sim before. 

Anyway, my question is about trim. I use CH yoke and I don't know which setting I should use in FSX's button assignment.  I am talking about the button repeat slider. And what is the best setting for joystick sensitivities should I use?

Also, I noticed that in flight the trim moves on its own like on an airbus. I thought the T7 didn't have autotrim. And if it did, do I use it during manual flight with A/T on or not?

I looked for both issues in the Intro PDF, but couldn't find any info about them.

Thanks

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

It's not autotrim, it just so happens that the A/P uses the trim tab.

Dan Downs KCRP

I set the trim sliders to max repeat intervals. If I need lots of trim, I just hold the button. If I need just a touch of trim, I tap it real quick.

I have a problem about trim in this plane.

Again i just made short "jump" to check trim behaviour, and the problem is:

i am established on G/S, flaps 25, gear, 150kts.

about 1400 ft AGL i disconnect AP and immediately plane jumps up.

this is not normal behaviour ...

I am sure that PMDG has done everything well, but then where is problem ?

Everything in this plane is automatic, controlled by computers, trim too, so after disconnect AP i should have well balanced plane perfectly following GS, and with small hand made corrections landing should be soft - but it is not.

Also as noticed during some test "hand flights", plane in general has tendency to "go up", so during full hand landing i have to keep my joystic quite firmly forward, otherwise i will never touch the ground.

Any ideas ?

Artur 

FSUIPC caused me some problems. Check the flight controls EICAS to confirm what it's doing.

Also bare in mind that while the trim on the 777 feels the same to the pilot as a conventional plane, the logic works differently than to non-FBW aircraft; it doesn't directly set the stab position like say a 747. It moves the elevators first, then the stab to streamline the elevator.

I am sure that PMDG has done everything well, but then where is problem ?

Do you have a hardware trim axis?

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Kyle,

I have rather simple equipment - Logitech extreme 3d pro.

I do not have full version of FSUIPC so i cannot assign and control things using it.

Artur 

Yesterday i have reduced sensitivity/dead zones and seems to be better now, but have to test it deeper.

Is there any recommendation about joystick settings, i mean sensitivity and dead zones ?

What settings are well suited for 777 and "standard" joystick ?

Artur