Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Thai A330 runs off end of runway at VTBS BKK and TG quickly paints out the logo......

I think that's ridiculous, you can easily recognize the airline by paintjob, no matter if the logo itself is blacked out.

Happens all the time to aviod people associating their livery with a written off aircraft:

italy-plane-crash_2470458b.jpg

Regards,

Ró.

It wasn't so nice to paint whole plane in white but leave Romanian registration unmasked. Disgusting. I wonder what would happen with Italian registration.

It happens just about everywhere. There are still photos of the Air Florida 737 that crashed in the Potomac with the Logo painted over, as well as many other examples.

The logo is there for a reason, it provides visual recognition of your brand. And commercially, your brand is your most valuable asset.

Sent from my Mobile thing

I think yee'll find that your ability to spot different liveries and airlines is far greater than most members of the public who only associate the logo/brand name with the airline.

I remember a few weeks ago I was operating our white tail, and on the ramp doing the walk-around, one of the passengers says to me "There's something different about this plane, I can't put my finger on it, but it looks different". I was left dumbfounded that they couldn't spot the difference between our usual livery and the white tail, but there you go, not every member of the public can recognise airlines without the logo.

9481643994_5871fe0185_z.jpg

VS.

Aerlingus.a320-214.ei-cva.750pix.jpg

To me the difference is screamingly obvious, to those passengers, they struggled to spot what was odd about the white tail. It's the logo that people recognise. So in cases like this, painting out the logo makes a big difference, though personally I'd have gone for white paint over black.

It wasn't so nice to paint whole plane in white but leave Romanian registration unmasked. Disgusting. I wonder what would happen with Italian registration.

Legally they cannot remove the identification markings, which was why the Flag and Reg remained on the side, nothing sinister I wouldn't think.

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Air Canada did the same thing when one of their CRJ's went off the runway in Halifax (I think that is correct airport).  They claimed that after the accident they transfer ownership of the hull back to the leasing company and technically do not own the plane anymore so need to remove their logo.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Legally they cannot remove the identification markings, which was why the Flag and Reg remained on the side, nothing sinister I wouldn't think.

As I can see, at Thai aircraft they masked reg and flag.

It's a bit pathetic though, don't you think? Air crash reports and news headlines don't have titles like "unidentified white airliner ran off the end of the runway". They always refer to the airline by name, so what on Earth is the point of removing all markings?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It's a bit pathetic though, don't you think? Air crash reports and news headlines don't have titles like "unidentified white airliner ran off the end of the runway". They always refer to the airline by name, so what on Earth is the point of removing all markings?

Psychology. Stuff that happens on the news didn't really happen. Stuff that's in pieces at the side of your runway is very definitely real.

On top of which, journos probably get there before the chap with the bucket of whitewash.

Me says Rónán makes a huge point on how normal folks look at the details and how they perceive and relate (to) flying in general. Now I still raise an eyebrow on the logo painting, perhaps as much as I raise an eyebrow when for example P&W promotes their engines as being 'green' while running an ad where they (the engines) grow on trees or something. :huh: Yeah, right.

But then I also buy yoghurt where the ad had that good looking lady. Erm, not because of the lady of course. The yoghurt is really good. I think.

kinda funny. They poorly masked the logo but colors remain. Gee really hard to see what it was when there is an aircraft in the background taking off with the exact logo pattern and colors. lol 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

kinda funny. They poorly masked the logo but colors remain. Gee really hard to see what it was when there is an aircraft in the background taking off with the exact logo pattern and colors. lol 

Even more so since Bangkok is the hub for Thai Airways - that logo must be omnipresent there!

Looks like truck beam failure at this stage....by all accounts, it was a soft landing, the truck beam must have given way after brakes were applied. I bet it was a massive shock to the pilots (not to mention the passengers!)