Sign in to follow this  
Kimber

Nifty website for turbulence planning

Hello All

Not sure if anyone of you have had the same issue as I have had. While I use AS2012 (an amazing weather programme) it does not give me the maps and data which an airline pilot would normally have access to.

I have come across a website which looks to have a bucket load of information about weather, possible turbulence and it covers areas outside the USA. Most importantly the site overlays weather information over North Atlantic Tracks (updated daily as are the tracks). :wub:

Here is the link http://www.turbulenceforecast.com/

Hope you find it as helpful as I have over the past few days with planning my flights and knowing when I am going to hit the bad stuff during one of those long haul flights. :wacko:

Kimberly Richmond-Jones

Ps. I have no connection or affiliation to the above listed website.

Most importantly the site overlays weather information over North Atlantic Tracks (updated daily as are the tracks).

Niiiice!  I actually overlaid one of the Aviation Weather (NOAA) graphics on top of another graphic to try and get that kind of effect in the past.  Looks like I don't have to do work anymore.

...and thanks for not calling them NAT Tracks  :wink:

Kyle Rodgers

Niiiice!  I actually overlaid one of the Aviation Weather (NOAA) graphics on top of another graphic to try and get that kind of effect in the past.  Looks like I don't have to do work anymore.

...and thanks for not calling them NAT Tracks  :wink:

The pilots at work call the NAT Tracks and their operators quite a few names, most of which I would never be allowed to put on this forum :O

Kimberly Richmond-Jones