Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Windh

One engine not working after startup

Hi,

I tried starting up (from shut down, but power on).

Did the sequence as I've done it hundreds times before, but when everyting is up and running, Engine No 1 instruments is not working. The throttle in the VC reacts when I push my CH throttle forward, I hear the engine spool up, but there is nothing happening in the upper EICAS...

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on here?

Regards

Johan

EDIT:

Upon further inspection I realize that it is not instrumental, the engine itself does not react to the throttle after the startup. It runs normally when the flight loads up with engines running.

I also tried to do the procedure with my CH-throttle quad disconnected, but the problem remains the same. Engine No 1 will start, but not more than that. 

Well, I tried something else... I started from cold dark. set it up to where I wanted it. Saved new panel state. Reloaded aircraft (and set NGX to start with my profile), all workes fine. I continue to start up. IT ALL WORKS! Yehooooo! UNTIL.... I try and shut down the engines. No 2 shuts down normally but No 1 stays on, even though FUEL is CUTOFF....

So, I reload the NGX to get to my profile. It loads up. The profile is the same, with one exeption now... ENGINE NO 1 IS RUNNING! AND CANNOT BE SHUT DOWN! (sorry for shouting, but this is Crazy)

So NGX seems to be making up stuff on its own now, overriding my profiles and everything. Seems corrupt.. And I'm clueless.. 

Re-starting FSX is the only way to "clear" this thing in NGX and load the panel state I've commanded it to.

And now, it seems the problem is back... No input on Engine no 1 after startup..

Looks like this:

UPDATE: I also noticied this. When I switch the starter to GRD and the sequence begins, the no 1 reverser flips into a position and the "Speedbrake Armed" light lights up:

Also note the Oil Temp, Quantity and Engine Vibration indicators on No 1 which differs from No 2.

At first I thought that it might have been "mouse as yoke" was the problem, since I've been testing engines without my Yoke (or throttles) connected. But deactivating that didn't help either..

I had the same problem after starting cold & dark. I found out that TrackIR in some way interferes with the throttle of engine 1. It works when I start TrackIR after having started the engines.

Regards

Michael

Michael Schuch

I had the same problem after starting cold & dark. I found out that TrackIR in some way interferes with the throttle of engine 1. It works when I start TrackIR after having started the engines.

Regards

Michael

Interesting input, however I don't use my TrackIR on IFR flying.

However, I have solved the problem by following Kyle's advice and by remapping in FSUIPC. It must have been corrupt of sorts.

Many thanks guys!