Sign in to follow this  
lukehall

Documentation preview?

Hi everyone,

I've loved the NGX for the past year and I'm sure I'll love the T7 too!

Before I buy I'd like to spend some time reading the manual and/or any other supporting documentation. I can't find anything on the PMDG documentation download section. Is the only way I can get my hands on the manual to buy it first?

Many thanks!

Luke

You only get these manuals with the product as there are strict copyright agreements with Boeing. Or you can google about Smartcockpit etc.

Mikael Leinonen

[MOST UNFORTUNATE URL SHORTENING EVER]

Le problem? Link is better than no link at all :lol:

Mikael Leinonen

Le problem? Link is better than no link at all :lol:

Not a problem.  It was a joke...  :wink:

Next time someone posts a SmartCockpit link, notice where it chops the word... 

Kyle Rodgers

Okay i get it  :smile: Have to be more careful next time but it's so hard to fly this beauty and try to post on the forum at the same time :Drooling:

Mikael Leinonen

Have to be more carefull next time but it's so hard to fly this beauty and try to post on the forum at the same time

No need to be careful.  I was just making a joke of it.  There are tons of smartcockpit links here.  There's problem with posting them.

I was just having a laugh...

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks! I'm happy enough to get aircraft specific stuff from smartcockpit but I guess what I'm after is documentation for the simulator and how it is implemented. That always helps me to get a feel for it and decide whether or not it's for me! I really don't mind buying it but at £60 I don't want to waste my money if its not right for my taste! Presumably the simulation manual isn't subject to any copywrite agreements so I presume it contains lots of aircraft and Boeing specific material, not surprisingly!

Best wishes,

Luke

Presumably the simulation manual isn't subject to any copywrite agreements

First, it's copyright, copywrite is something completely different.

Second, PMDG supplies, with its aircraft, actual Boeing manuals - the same you get when you buy a hardware 777. With this, it is actually subject to copyright agreements, between PMDG and Boeing, and the manuals are not PMDGs to give out, they just licensed them to give out with sold copies.

Yes - thanks Fabo. It was a typo - I understand the difference between copywrite and copyright. :P

My question was about manuals though and it is the simulation manual I'm after, not particularly aircraft manuals, as I explained!

Best wishes,

L

Those PMDG manuals are almost straight copies of the Boeing manuals so...you cant have the manuals unless you buy the product. There is no "simulation manual" unless you mean the introduction manual which is also copyrighted by PMDG.  

I must say that this 777 is no waste of money by any means.

Mikael Leinonen

It's the simulation manual that I'm interested in. I know it'll be copyrighted by PMDG but why should that stop me from reading it? I'm not trying to resell it or anything! The whole reason I started this topic is because they DO publish similar such documentation for download on their website. I was simply enquiring after the same for the 777. Just because something is subject to copyright, doesn't mean that it *has* to be purchased!