Sign in to follow this  
Ash_NL

Can I remove and install the T7 on a new PC?

Hey all,

Quick question. Can I install the T7 on my current PC to read the manuals and uninstall her when my new build is finished to install her again on that PC? Can I use my serial more than one time basically?

That's all.

Greetings,

Ash

Yes i should think so, as long as you unregister the current copy in your 777 fmc, it should be fine,but wait for the experts to come because im not 100 percent sure.

Gday

I'm positive it's the same as any other software product. If you uninstall it and move it to the new PC, I wouldn't imagine there would be any issues.

Cheers,

Sante Sottile

All I did was just install the PMDG 777 on my FSX rig then copy and paste the flight manuals to my laptop across my home network (LAN).

Didn't have to install the plane anywhere else then uninstall just for manauls. 

My current PC (not the specs on my profile page) can't run the 777 or the NGX as I want it to, that's why I'm building a new system (specs on profile page). But I'd like to read the manuals before I fly the bird, and AFAIK you can only get the manuals by installing the plane.

Can I install the T7 on my current PC to read the manuals and uninstall her when my new build is finished to install her again on that PC?

Install it on your current PC and read the section in the intro manual about uninstalling and reinstalling and you'll have your answer.

Answer (for paraphrased here convenience):

The new system will automatically de-register the product when you uninstall it so that your installation count is reset for when you install it on the new system.  Nifty, eh?

Kyle Rodgers