Sign in to follow this  
Maniac59

Reverse Thrust

For the life of me I cannot seem to activate reverse thrusters after touch down.

I'm thinking that I must have adjusted something, because I have managed to

reverse thrust before....

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Maniac59

Mark Harris

ESA1178

Senior Captain

http://www.eurostar-aviation.ch/

We'll need a bit more info...

which controller are you using ?

Are you assigning the reversers to a button or to an axis ?

are you using FSX axis assignment, or FSUIPC ?

Mathieu Souphy

I have noticed this as well, to an extent. With the NGX I used to just press F1 then F2 to idle reverse whereas this method doesn't work for me in the 777 on landing. Instead I just set up a button on my joystick to essentially act as F2 and I just hold it down for a second or so.

Hi Tjueten

Saitek X 52

Reversers are set to F2 keyboard

No assignments in fsuipc

Maniac59

I have the Saitex X52 Pro with Thrust Reverse assigned to the "Fire D" button on the Throttle this is programmed to press F2 for Thrust reverse, I also have the Joystick Trigger second position mapped to press F1  this works fine and is quite logical as brakes are set to the first position on the Joystick Trigger is assigned to brakes so when I pull it into the second position it cancels Reverse Thrust and disarms the Autobrake and I you can continue to brake using the first position.

Works OK for all my Aircraft.

I have the X52 Pro Saitek too, using FSUIPC and LINDA for assignments.

In FSUIPC, throttles are assigned but not calibrated (as recommended by PMDG). They are "Sent to FSX as normal axis".

I've mapped the reverser axis to the thumb slider on the throttle. Works well.

I don't think the speedbrake must be armed in order for the reversers to work.

Mathieu Souphy

Reversers are independent of anything else - only limitation is aircraft must be on the ground.

Best regards,

Robin.

What is the default for the 777 to idle the engines and reverse thrust? Is it F1 & F2 like the ngx (the tutorial indicates it is) and I haven't remapped any keys. I had a good landing today and then I just frickin went flying down the runway and couldn't stop. It was an autoland vs my other landings where I had disabled AP prior to touchdown, so i was wondering if that may have played some role in it.

What is the default for the 777 to idle the engines and reverse thrust? Is it F1 & F2 like the ngx (the tutorial indicates it is) and I haven't remapped any keys. I had a good landing today and then I just frickin went flying down the runway and couldn't stop. It was an autoland vs my other landings where I had disabled AP prior to touchdown, so i was wondering if that may have played some role in it.

Was Autobraking set? Did you leave the AP on? If AP and AT is set ON for landing and roll and you don't switch them off you NEED to have Autobraking set!

Use the Saitek control panel to create a small null zone at the idle end of the throttle travel. Based on your description I'd say chances are the throttle is sending a slight signal at the idle position and that is cancelling the reverse thrust. I have a Saitek X52 with a null zone at the idle point and I have not encountered this issue.

Cheers

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I don't have the T7, but does it behave the same way as the NGX with regards to the reverse? The NGX reverse DOES NOT activate until the flight idle decreases to ground idle, that is some seconds after touch down. I tried all F1 and F2 combinations but I never get the reverse to activate as soon as I touch down.

James Goggi

I don't have the T7, but does it behave the same way as the NGX with regards to the reverse? The NGX reverse DOES NOT activate until the flight idle decreases to ground idle, that is some seconds after touch down. I tried all F1 and F2 combinations but I never get the reverse to activate as soon as I touch down.

One reason to use manual throttle because you go to idle 10-15 seconds before touchdown then as you you touch you can go straight to reverse!