Sign in to follow this  
GeorgeFountain

PMDG 777 Cold n Start Without APU Start

In this NGX, electrical power can be applied to the system for FMC programming and other operations without performing an APU start.

I am unable to do this on the PMDG 777.  Is it possible?

Thanks, which manual is that? ... It would have to be a PMDG manual right?  Tutorial or Introduction?

The only way I know how to apply ground power is via the CDU.  But the CDU does not turn on solely by battery power, if I'm correct.

I will look again.

Just like the NGX, ifmyou turn the battery on, then press and hold the "MENU" key on a CDU forma few seconds, the CDU will turn on. Then you can use it to connect ground power.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

I had the same problem and I figured out how to resolve this.

The suggestions on turning on the CDU are correct. The one difference compared to the 737NGX is that, there's a different connection description.

So when you are at the Ground Connection menu, make sure you have Dual Jetway Plug connected. That will light up the ground power buttons on the overhead panel.

Reach up on the back of the overhead panel and switch the (I think) standby electrical power switch.  Everything will start humming and the CDUs will light up, and you will live happily ever after.