Sign in to follow this  
NathJones1990

2D Panel discussion

Hi

I am fully aware by now that there is no 2D panel and i am not a computer expert or developer by any stretch of the imagination but how hard can it be to create/make a 2D panel for this aircraft for anyone who wishes to use it? Im not made of money and dont have the best graphics card and so by using the 2D cockpit over the VC it helps a lot with my FPS and ease of use.

Thanks

Nath 

I am fully aware by now that there is no 2D panel and i am not a computer expert or developer by any stretch of the imagination but how hard can it be to create/make a 2D panel for this aircraft for anyone who wishes to use it? Im not made of money and dont have the best graphics card and so by using the 2D cockpit over the VC it helps a lot with my FPS and ease of use.

This topic has been addressed hundreds of times, and dozens in the last few weeks.  The financial argument is not a new one, and doesn't really hold too much water since most hardware to run FSX well is now significantly cheaper compared to 10 years ago.

This is going to sound mean, but it's just to put things in perspective:

I'm not made of money either, so I either save up or abstain from the hobby.  I'm not going to walk into RC flying, ice hockey, or polo playing and ask them to alter what they do to accommodate my limitations (financially or otherwise).

Kyle Rodgers

This topic has been addressed hundreds of times, and dozens in the last few weeks.  The financial argument is not a new one, and doesn't really hold too much water since most hardware to run FSX well is now significantly cheaper compared to 10 years ago.

This is going to sound mean, but it's just to put things in perspective:

I'm not made of money either, so I either save up or abstain from the hobby.  I'm not going to walk into RC flying, ice hockey, or polo playing and ask them to alter what they do to accommodate my limitations (financially or otherwise).

No but surely its not too much work to do? I just dont understand why they dont give you the option. We pay alot of money for the product and they cant create a 2D panel so that the player can at least choose what view they use. Would it take much work to create one?

Would it take much work to create one?

From what I have been able to collate having read numerous threads about the 2D------specially when the 737NGX was being first touted-----it uses up a developer's hamstrung resources a great deal for nil profitability. I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool 2D user but once I was forced into using the VC in CS's 707 Captain, it became a game-changer for me, and I adapted. Never looked back since. And that was before I changed graphic cards recently.

No but surely its not too much work to do?

If it weren't, you'd imagine they'd already have made one.

Kyle Rodgers

From what I have been able to collate having read numerous threads about the 2D------specially when the 737NGX was being first touted-----it uses up a developer's hamstrung resources a great deal for nil profitability. I used to be a dyed-in-the-wool 2D user but once I was forced into using the VC in CS's 707 Captain, it became a game-changer for me, and I adapted. Never looked back since. And that was before I changed graphic cards recently.

Needless to say the limitations of FSX's resources as well.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

To be fair, I have always been a 2D die hard because I think the VC is a completely unnatural way of flying, it may be a rendition of real life but in real life you look and press a button not pan, pan a bit more, zoom in and click the button you want or even have to scroll through a set of views to find the panel section you want. Imagine having to work in a real life cockpit as though your an X,Y,Z robot! I think the 777 is easily one of the best addons ever made but as a VC only product which is fine it lags just ever so slightly but I think that's just a matter of personal taste, it has nothing to do with FPS personally. A 2D panel is a great vantage point to fly without having to panic moving around the VC trying to find the buttons you need due to the annoying FSX view system.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

:t0152:  :t0152:  

Apparently he needs more beating.

Apparently he needs more beating.

I win!  My horses are just straight impaled in the above image...  :P

Kyle Rodgers

I win!  My horses are just straight impaled in the above image...  :P

Unfortunately though, they're still moving.  :lol:

Unfortunately though, they're still moving.  :lol:

Damn!  An error in my logic...

sheldon-cooper-hands-on-face.jpg

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I would not have been aware of my hero here, Sheldon, in your pic, until my recent rip to NV. Luckily for me they are showing re-runs here. We're at Series 6. Last night saw Series 1 Episode 1 and Penny is still hot. And trust you to pick on such a character to make your point. Like my hero would say, damn you!

Nil profitability? That's just not true.