Sign in to follow this  
HighTowers

FSX corrupts any windowed drop down menus issue

This is driving me nuts for a few months now and I cant put my finger on it, so thought I would throw it out there to if anyone knows info about this issue.  As per the pics, when FSX is running (windowed) which I need in order to switch to programs like PFPX etc, all my dropdowns are always so corrupted. Cant make anything out and they dont function in order to choose something. The examples were of PFPX but are not limited to it. It happens in any windowed program and with dropdown menus. When FSX is shut down, they all function normally. Logic states that something in FSX is causing this, but a brand new install of it shouldve gotten rid of it. Something im overlooking which is probably the most obvious. 

Things ive done 

Different graphics drivers

Different video card

Different NI settings

disabled Aero and use basic windows setup

blank desktop background,

virus and malware scans

msconfig startup cleanup as well as run through processes that could cause this

reinstalled windows 7. 

Fresh FSX install

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Hmmm I guess I could try another uiautomationcore.dll file but its not really a fsx crash problem per se as that forum discusses.  This is all to do with external programs running outside fsx. 

But thanks for the idea. 

CYVR LSZH 

Unlikely, but just a thought. Is there a conflict between the screen resolution you are using for FSX (see Graphics setting within) and the resolution being used for other apps (main Graphic card setting) Got to be worth a look at your resolution/refresh/bit rate and make sure they are the same.

Certainly not a problem I have come across myself & I run in windowed mode also for the same reason as yourself. Which suggests it is a local problem to your machine settings. Rather than a general software hiccup.

Nothing else I can suggest, sorry.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

With ATI Cards, this is caused by having an incorrect AA setting, though I don't remember which was the incorrect setting.  Try your recommended settings running Ansio in FSX (without AA).

Hope this helps. 

Dave

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yea gone through all that before. In fact one of the first things I checked being the most logical. Desktop resolution and bitrate is the same. refresh is 60 hz but FSX goes to 1/2 refresh rate via NI and an internal locked FPS.  

But many people use that setup and I dont see any other issues with the above graphics externally to FSX. 

CYVR LSZH 

wow no one else has/had this issue?  Only happens when FSX is running. Getting a laptop would solve the issue but i dont have that luxury right now. 

CYVR LSZH