Sign in to follow this  
vitea

Help, Sceneries in Scenery Library dont want to delete

Some sceneries in my library dont want to be deleted, nor even installed in some cases, what could be the cause of this, anyone knows ? 

Everytime I delete a scenery in my library, I restart FS9, but the scenery is back in the library again, why ??

I was installing a lot of sceneries now, since I'm reworking my FS9 on a new PC

PS  in some cases, some sceneries deleted themselves  :(

Sounds like you have multiple scenery.cfg files.

Search your entire HDD for them, and rename all but the one in the FS9 root folder to scenery.bak.

As I recall, FS9 will then create a backup in 

"C:\Documents and Settings\Yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\FS9\scenery.cfg"

or wherever your FS9.cfg resides if not WIN XP.

Thank you for your reply

I use Win 7,  I tried deleting the entire game and I deleted all the sceneries manually, than re installed FS9 and as I started the game, the peoblem didnt dissapear, all the sceneries I installed before I thought I destroyed any trace of the sim are STILL THERE ((((  

Where else can Windows keep history of the sceneries, or the game ?  how can I destory all the traces and start installing the game all over ?

Please Help

This is weird, Did you perform a complete Uninstall of the simulator and if you did, did you make sure all files were deleted.

I know my FS9 as wingz already mentioned keeps a copy of the Scenery.cfg in this location [C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9]  and it may stay there after uninstalling the sim be sure to delete that just in case yours keeps a copy their as well........ [C:\Users\User name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9]

Not sure if this is the cause of your problem as i believe the only Scenery.cfg FS9 Will read is the one in your main FS9 folder witch should disappear once you uninstall the game but make sure its actually gone after uninstalling the game and check to see if there is another Scenery.cfg in the location i specified above as wingz mentioned also just in case use picture below as reference

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 1600W and 400KB weight limits. Yours 608KB. See Image Posting Rules under Forums Menu above.

You can also perform what WingZ suggested Search the entire drive for Scenery.cfg Where ever your FS9 is installed in my case it would be F:/ Drive as i have mines installed in a separate Partition 

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 1600W and 400KB weight limits. Yours 550KB. See Image Posting Rules under Forums Menu above.

One more thing I usually Use IOBIT Uninstaller to uninstall Applications It deletes any Registries that are left behind after uninstalling the program, just select powerful scan when done and it will search for any registry files left behind,(Not saying its the cause of the problem)But it is a cool feature  B)

Does just what it specifies

Perform Uninstall

Select Powerful Scan when Uninstall completes

If anything is found left behind after performing a powerful scan within FS9 Or FSX uninstall you will see something like this 

Dont worry i dint really uninstall FSX LOL Just in case you guys where wondering  :P

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeded 1600W and 400KB weight limits. Yours 670KB and 629KB. See Image Posting Rules under Forums Menu above.

Thank you so much for your help guys, I did as you said and it worked, deleted the scenery.cfg that were left, installed FS9 again and now its all from the beggining :)

I only want to know how to react in the future if this repeats, in case some sceneries wont'l have the desire to be deleted and create problems for all the other sceneries, should I look for a scenery.cfg of the scenery ?

I only want to know how to react in the future if this repeats, in case some sceneries wont'l have the desire to be deleted and create problems for all the other sceneries, should I look for a scenery.cfg of the scenery ?

Remember that all addon sceneries that are added into your simulator are going to be listed in the Scenery.cfg located in the FS9 main Directory

If you wish to delete scenery manually for example if u Install a specific Scenery and then dont like the scenery you've installed just 

1. Remove the Scenery using The FS9 Interface through the Scenery Library section then go into the Directory where the Scenery folder has been stored and delete that as well Example lets say you've installed KPHL Just search inside the Addon Scenery folder and look for the Folder that pertains to this scenery

OR

2. U can also use SceneryConfigEditor v1.0.7 To remove an area

OR

3. If you know the Entry of the area of the last installed scenery (Usually the last Entry made within the Scenery.Cfg) you can delete it this way. Example . open your main Scenery.cfg using a text editing program and remove [AREA] Entry for that specific scenery Easiest way to do this is using the option Above

If you have Missing Or Gaps within the Scenery CFG For example lets say you have 200 entries within the Scenery.cfg file and between 1-200 theres a gap

Example AREA197, GAP, AREA199.AREA 200  You can use SceneryConfigEditor v1.0.7 to fix this for you also have SceneryConfigEditor v1.0.7 delete the Scenery.dat after perfoming the fix and allow FS9 to re-generate new Scenery.dat files

Good thing about SceneryConfigEditor v1.0.7 is that it not only Fixes Gaps but also fixes Duplicate Entries that may cause issues and also Duplicate or missing layers also fixes Invalid entries ect ect for example

If theres a path Thats been entered within the Scenery.cfg file wich no longer exist cause the Scenery Folder has been removed SceneryConfigEditor v1.0.7 will detect that and allow you to delete that entrie with a click of a mouse real simple to use easy as cake and pudding lol

NOTE By Scenery Folder i mean the Scenery thats been installed lol not the Main Scenery folder that are found within FS9 Main,FS9 Addon Scenery ect just the scenery thats been installed for example KALB Folder within the addon Scenery folder or any other sceneries you've may have installed

Ok, thank You again for the info provided. 

Also I want to ask maybe you know, what can stop FS9 from automaticly installing a scenery in the scenery library, because now I try to install a scenery from Aerosoft and other developers and it goes in the Addon scenery folder, but I have to add it manually through the Scenery Library,  I suppose something is blocking it ?