Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Tampa 3D scenery, need feedback(see pic)

Rather impressive freeware from here.

Thing is I have glitches. Looks like a building is missing and the runways all have a black wall.

Anyone else have this installed and have the same issue or did I get a bad install some how?

iCN2n6RmIsWAb.jpg

There was an intense discussion about this addon over at Flightsim.

The general belief is that the author is using parts of a payware product in his package and the black boxes are similar to those seen in the UK2000 demos.

If you want to use it you can create a texture that will render the boxes invisible.

For more specifics you'll have to look in the Flightsim forums.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I think I've read somewhere that this is essentially some pirated version of the FlyTampa KTPA and the pictures of the terminal buildings I've seen of this scenery over in a flightsim.com thread do look quite similar to the FlyTampa payware product. I do not want to falsly accuse anybody of software piracy, this is only what it looks to me (plus the currently unverified memory of reading about it somewhere - I will check on that and post if I find that link again).

Are you running directX 10 by any chance?

No, running DX9 here.

"If you still want to use this scenery: add a simple texture named 65.dds with a 65x65 dimension to the texture folder. Important: save as dds in DXT1(with alpha) with a black alpha channel."

Tried to make a 65.dds file but I'm not too knowledgeable in this regard and still get the black boxes.

No, running DX9 here.

"If you still want to use this scenery: add a simple texture named 65.dds with a 65x65 dimension to the texture folder. Important: save as dds in DXT1(with alpha) with a black alpha channel."

Tried to make a 65.dds file but I'm not too knowledgeable in this regard and still get the black boxes.

I went and looked at the various forums and seen the various discussions. It does look like this person has little knowledge on scenery design and is using other FS authors work, both freeware and payware in his projects, I would never touch anything from Harry Patten based on this.

Best, Michael

KDFW