Sign in to follow this  
Pablo Vazquez

No More Pauses or Freezes...

Hello,

I have been having long pauses and freezes with the 777 from day one and have not had the chance to do a whole flight as this issue was driving me crazy.

Well, someone asked me to try and deactivate the FSUIPC autosave and try it. I just completed two short flights (EDDF-EGLL and back) and had ZERO pauses or freezes of any kind. The flights were amazing. I am going to try a long haul flight and see how that one goes. Will report tomorrow.

It looks like in my case, the problem was with the FSUIPC settings. Not sure if anyone esle can get their pause/freeze issues corrected by doing this but it worked for me.

Thank you McLaren and B247NG for your suggestions. Now, Let's Go Flying!!!!! B)

Regards,

llavi01

• Upvote 2

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

It looks like in my case, the problem was with the FSUIPC settings. Not sure if anyone esle can get their pause/freeze issues corrected by doing this but it worked for me.

Okay but what settings exactly please?

spacer.png

Okay but what settings exactly please?

Like the PO said, it's the autosave. However, autosave saves your flight. I'd rather leave it on.

Zicheng Cai

I don't think it is FSUIPC, I am running it and have never had a freeze, others that don't have it installed have freezes. PMDG has described this as an ongoing task to solve and they will most likely figure it out soon.

23.png

Glad to hear you in business!

I advised the OP to disable autosave which is known to cause freezes/pauses wile it creates a save points including the aircraft state/panel state for more complex aircraft.

I had this issue with the Majestic Dash 8, disabled auto save, and no more problems. I'm curious if I turn autosave back on if I will have issues with the T7. 

- Jordan Jafferjee -

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Asus X670-E Pro Prime | Gigabyte RTX4080 Eagle | 64G G.Skill Trident Z.5 DDR5-6000 |  Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | 2x2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVME | NZXT H7 | Win 11 22H2 | TM Warthog Flight Stick + Throttle | Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Samsung 43" Odyssey Neo G7 | Dell U3415W 

I don't own FSUIPC- just save manually (-:

• Upvote 1

I have FSUIPC and never had any problems with any of my planes until I installed the PMDG 777.

You can either go to the Modules file in your FSX and look for the module called FSUIPC4 Configurations settings and open it. Look under [AutoSave] and change "AutoSaveEnabled=Yes" change the YES to NO... Close it and save it.

Or you can run your FSX and press the "ALT" key to bring up your menu at the top. You should have an "Add-On" tab. Click on that and click on your FSUIPC. Look for the "AutoSave/GPSout" tab and uncheck the "Check to enable AutoSave". I unchecked everything there. Make sure you press "OK"

It worked for me.... I hope that helps...

Regards,

llavi01

BTW... I am sure PMDG and Peter Dawson will have an update for this issue soon. Like I said, I have never had any issues with my FSUIPC before until I installed PMDG 777... Hopefully they can come up with a fix and I can set my autosave back on.

Just my two cents!!

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

I flew from KDFW to OMDB yesterday using 4x speed the majority of the cruise and had no problem at all. Just now I was doing my second long haul from KDFW to PANC and was at 4x time compression via the FMC and was glancing at the time every few minutes to see how far I had gone when it finally dawned on me that the time wasn't changing and the sim was frozen, but the sounds kept playing, which made it unnoticeable when I was just glancing at the screen to check progress. Glad I finally noticed I was locked up or I would have let it go for hours not doing anything. Wasn't using any autosave function in FSUIPC either.

Sean Campbell

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Nice to see that works for some peopl'e, but i think there is a something else too, probably different problems. I think i have  issue with Ezdok. Maybe Ezdok and time compression?

I had this today on a very long flight after more them 3000nm and i'm flying right now back. It happened again right now, i have saved the flight 5min ago and Ezdok is still hanging. Just out of curiosity i started saved flight again without killing EZDOK - everything is loaded just fine and freezing continued just like before i quit FSX. Now i'm going to restart Ezdok and finish my flight. 

Interesting that my mouse pointer has that freezing again in the same time with FSX.

P.S. Is there anyone who don't use Ezdok and still have this issue? 

Nice to see that works for some peopl'e, but i think there is a something else too, probably different problems. I think i have  issue with Ezdok. Maybe Ezdok and time compression?

I had this today on a very long flight after more them 3000nm and i'm flying right now back. It happened again right now, i have saved the flight 5min ago and Ezdok is still hanging. Just out of curiosity i started saved flight again without killing EZDOK - everything is loaded just fine and freezing continued just like before i quit FSX. Now i'm going to restart Ezdok and finish my flight. 

Interesting that my mouse pointer has that freezing again in the same time with FSX.

P.S. Is there anyone who don't use Ezdok and still have this issue? 

Yes, I don´t use Ezdok or the autosave function in FSUIPC and I have the problem, too. I also don´t use the time compression and i don´t have any Realtek hardware. ( there are some people who said, that maybe the Realtek sound driver is the reason for the freeze).

There must be another reason for that problem. 

My  freezes are often 8 minutes long, but there is no CTD or something like that. Everytime the sim recovers.

-Christian E

I use EZdok and FSUIPC AutoSave 5 minute interval, and tested an 8:20 flight with extensive use of TC, never had a freeze.

23.png

I'm currently doing a flight from KLAX to RKSI on Asiana (OZ) and so far no problems. I didn't say it worked for everyone but I was talking about you own issue. I am sure PMDG is working hard to find a solution to this problem.

1hxz6d.jpg

Yes, i'm sure that will be fixed. I was just testing my theories, becouse i think i have some different issue with ezdok :) It's not about long freezing. Just 1 second freeze every 5 or 10 seconds, my mouse pointer too, Ezdok stops responding and hanging after i close FSX. I'll try tomorow same route without time compression

Yeah, I guess each person has a different source for the problem but for me, it looks like it was the autosave. Still flying and so far the flight is great. I'm a little over 4 hours into the flight.

1hxz6d.jpg