Sign in to follow this  
BYMMAS483

Delayed Skeleton Problem

First off, I'd like to congratulate PMDG on a fantastic product, I'm really impressed so far apart from a problem with the external model. I searched the forum and it seems for some people the model loads as a skeleton, I have a similar problem but its a little different. When I load up the aircraft everything is fine, no skeleton problems, but when I've been using it for about 30 mins things start disappearing. Normally its the wing area thats affected leaving only the flap section visible,also the gear doors disappear. Strangely on one of these occasions, the landing light switches in the VC also disappeared, the rest of the VC was unaffected. I followed the installation instructions closely including the extra line in the fsx.cfg. It seems strange that everything starts off fine but then after a while things disappear. Could this be a memory issue? Is anyone else having this problem? Its a shame that this spoils an otherwise fantastic experience. If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.

Specs:

Imac 27" (Don't know if that makes a difference!)

3.4GHZ i7 quad core

8GB DDR3

AMD Radeon 6970 1GB

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Sounds exactly like what I experienced with the NGX. It was, however, corrected with the "highmenfix" line in the .cfg which I see you did. My only suggestion would be to go back and double check it is in there exactly correct. Other than that I don't know what else to try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sounds exactly like what I experienced with the NGX. It was, however, corrected with the "highmenfix" line in the .cfg which I see you did. My only suggestion would be to go back and double check it is in there exactly correct. Other than that I don't know what else to try.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks, I'll make sure to double check it but I'm pretty sure it was correct

Ok, so I've checked and the line is correct, but I'll post my graphics section of the fsx.cfg anyway

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEFIX=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED=1693500672
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024
NUM_LIGHTS=8
AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1
AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS=1
COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1
LANDING_LIGHTS=1
AC_SELF_SHADOW=0
EFFECTS_QUALITY=1
GROUND_SHADOWS=0
TEXTURE_QUALITY=3
IMAGE_QUALITY=0
See_Self=1
Text_Scroll=1
SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672
D3D10=0

You have a typo in the HIGHMEMFIX

You have

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEFIX=1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

You have a typo in the HIGHMEMFIX

You have

[GRAPHICS]

HIGHMEFIX=1

Haha, oh dear, shows what happens when you just skim over things, thanks for correcting me and my apologies wrf2e

Confirmed this fix worked for me :) - 777 working like a dream...

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Confirmed this fix worked for me :) - 777 working like a dream...

Good morning everyone,

I have also confirmed that this has fix my 777 Skeleton issue. 

She works just fine now :)

Thank you!

Sante Sottile